Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any lighter power supply for Airsense 10?
any lighter power supply for Airsense 10?
Hi,
the power supply of airsense 10 is rather heavy and big? Does anybody know a lighter version/possiblility?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: any lighter power supply for Airsense 10?
I don't know of any alternative supply. Incidentally, I find that any external power supply is a nuisance. I had a DeVilbiss machine several years ago that used an internal power supply and it worked fine and was MUCH more convenient for travel. I once went to New Mexico with a Respironics machine and forgot to take the external supply. It was a big-time nuisance but my daughter went to my house and got the power supply shipped to me in the west. I just punctioned without CPAP for two nights, and paid her the big UPS shipping fee. To me, there is no reasonn why all CPAPs arent fully contained inside the machine other than poor design.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the KFD brand power supplies for the Resmed, both the AC-DC and the DC-DC models. They are smaller than the Resmed brand, but not by much. Their pricing is very favorable, and I've had no problem with reliability for the past 2+ years of use. Here is a link to the AC-DC model:
https://www.amazon.com/KFD-Airsense-AirC...B07D8QPXCP

As far as an internal power supply, this is a major source of heat. Electronics and heat do not mix well. Having an internal AC power supply would make using a DC-DC connection for power outages and camping very difficult.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Hi Guys,
thank you for your input. I am 66y old and travel all over the world (mostly still like a backpacker), therefore I am looking for a lighter solution. But i like the airsense 10 and will not change it to another brand. So I just have to live with it.... Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 78 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 122 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,904 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 143 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,345 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.