Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

anybody have beats in respiration and flow?
I have been using sleepyhead to review the flow rate. I noticed a sort of periodic beat during nearly every type of non-event breathing. On any given night it is fairly constant anywhere from 44 second to 58 second periods. the same flow amplitude exists for all points in the period, but the number of breaths gets denser every 44 seconds, then returns to less dense in between.

Is this a sort of brain body breathing clock? Anyone else notice this?

Thanks,
QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you possibly post a snapshot? I think I see what your asking but I want to make sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
it is hard to see in a snapshot. also I have tried a couple but did not like the resolution after compressing to get under my quota.
as I drag my waveform back and forth across the screen I see something like interference fringes, and now wonder if it may be just a visual perception issue.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Instead of uploading an attachment to the forum, You could upload the image to an image sharing site like Imgur, no quota then.

Results in (Click on image below for full size):

[Image: RqiXlhHl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Need to see an image to discriminate between a breathing phenomena and a machine function.
Might be your machine sending out a low amplitude pressure wave to determine your type of apnea.
ResMed calls it the FOT algorithm -- don't know what PR calls it.
[Image: daD6uvCm.jpg]
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe." JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, signed up for imgur and will post an image later.
Post Reply Post Reply

oops.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: vO748fR.png?1]
here is an example.
Post Reply Post Reply
And what is it that you find peculiar about your flow waveform?
[Image: daD6uvCm.jpg]
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe." JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply

Looks cool. What kind of music is playing in the background?? Just kidding. My flow has the same pattern but not as regular. I do not think that it is anything to be concerned about. May just be your body making fine adjustments to maintain its target CO2 level. Like a temperature controller in a furnace. If you were to plot the furnace temp with a very sensitive temperature measuring device you would see that periodic type of plot.

That's what I would guess.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is This Cheyne-Stokes Respiration? holden4th 13 389 05-17-2017, 03:35 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  High pulse pressure when waking up .. 125 beats per min mikeinthecountry344 7 427 04-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Why are many OAs not in sync, roughly, with explanatory snores or flow limitations? 2SleepBetta 5 261 03-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Flow Limitation Index RWhipkey 4 381 03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Strange flow patter and results Bruce456 15 661 03-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Any advice on this flow rate pattern? doickle 5 302 03-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Strange Flow Rate Pattern schmatt 13 588 03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: schmatt