Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

anyone have a permanent cure
anyone have a permanent cure
if you have cured your sleep apnea, how did you do it
RE: anyone have a permanent cure
Welcome to the forum ataglieri,
I have not read of any cure
Some get frustrated with CPAP and resort to surgery but still needing CPAP after going through the surgery

Loosing weight might be beneficial, obstructive apnea to do with narrowed airways and crowded mouth and central apnea is neurological issue so surgery does not help in this case
Hi ataglieri,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't heard of any "cure."
Hang in there for more answers to your quiry and best of luck.
trish6hundred
My "cure" is the cpap machine. I don't want to sleep without it. I remember how I felt before I was diagnosed and I don't want to feel like that ever again. I know that it is a lifetime commitment. My parents have never been diagnosed but based on how they snored and how often they woke up during the night, I'm convinced they also had sleep apnea.
iSnooze, I agree with you, there is no cure only a gold star treatment. I believe my father has sleep apnea and the associated illness's and after I was diagnosed two years ago, I got my sister tested late last year and she also has it. I think the people that look for a cure are just avoiding the proper treatment. We all know surgery doesn't work most of the time and is supposed to be very painful and oral devices may assist but don't successfully treat sleep apnea. The thing that worries me about oral devices is how would you know whether it is treating it or not as you can't monitor it as you can with a CPAP.
I also agree with others in that is no cure for sleep apnea.

My wife underwent jaw surgery to place her sleep apnea into remission.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm not interested in the cpap rah, rah speeches. If cpap works for you, great! But I'm also not interested in being air-boarded for the rest of my life.

So, if you know of anything that leads to a permanent cure, then you'll have my attention. Already started taking off weight, but what's the tipping point? You don't have sleep apnea, you get old and gain weight, now you have it and it progressed from mild to severe. At what point in loosing weight does it start to reverse?
ataglieri, you sound like someone else that is on another site I am on that doesn't want to listen or accept it, there is no cure. Losing weight can in some cases help reduce the serverity for example from servere to moderate or moderate to mild but there is no cure. If you had diabeties and had to take insulin daily would you inject yourself daily?
I fail to see how this is a religious or ideological battle of opinions. If you don't believe in a cure, good for you.
But that's not what i'm asking about. In all seriousness, do you think i'm all of a sudden say to myself, gee, master member tez62 just straightened me out! I'm a believer! PTL!! If you can't be helpful, no need to respond.
I lost about 130 lbs (just a bit under 300 down to 150 lbs give or take a few lbs) and still have sleep apnea.

There were some people I am aware who had bariatric surgery that were able to put their sleep apnea into remission. I was NOT one of them. Too much family history against me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What my apnea cure looked like progman 7 199 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Theory of Permanent Damage to Brain / Fatigue cmpman1974 2 690 03-14-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Kuutar
  [Mod Note] Prevention rather than Cure ? - Thread Closed Micheal.M 37 2,717 06-28-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is the brain damage produced by Sleep Apnea over the years permanent? planetf1 11 2,117 04-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.