Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

anyone try mouthpieces like Zquiet?
anyone try mouthpieces like Zquiet?
Hey All,

I love my cpap, but on planes and such it is HARD. And people HATE sitting next to me. ;(

I am trying the zquiet anti-snoring mouthguard. And I quite like it. Anyone have any luck with anti-snoring mouthguards?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anyone try mouthpieces like Zquiet?
Hi cedar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't tried those so I'm not able to say one way or another.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2016, 04:06 PM)cedar Wrote: Hey All,

I love my cpap, but on planes and such it is HARD. And people HATE sitting next to me. ;(

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there...

When I get onto a plane, I feel sorry for the folks 3 rows on either side of me and across the plane.

I usually tell the person sitting next to me that should I start to snore loudly, just jiggle me a bit until I'm awake...
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried maybe 3 different types of MAD devices including Zquiet with no luck. They all seem to slip out in the middle of the night. I would suspect they might work for someone who snores or has light sleep apnea but that's it.
Post Reply Post Reply
So use your CPAP on the plane and to heckaroni with the idiot next to you. They'd really be grumpy if you were snoring without it.

I snore so bad, I don't sleep on planes. Of course, the longest I have gone is from east coast to west so that was easy. I don't nap anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
meh I don't have a battery operated cpap. and it is waaaaay out of my price range. My cpap is super nice but it is relatively huge and needs to be plugged in.

The zquiet is actually pretty comfortable and does not fall out. It "seems" according to my apartment mates to work on the snoring. Which is pretty awesome considering I have pretty severe sleep apnea. I am not *quite* as refreshed the next morning as a cpap but it isn't as bad when I don't use my cpap at all and I am BONE TIRED. I also have tried zyppah and vital sleep and I didn't like them much.

will do a test run at my aunts house on her couch so she can see if I am loud or no.

I just hate getting elbowed all the time. I try REALLY hard not to fall asleep on planes and I rarely travel due to work and school and family stuff. but my cousin asked me to be her son's godmother and she lives across country... soo.

any reduction in snoring would be preferable than people giving me the friggin evil eye every time I leave the plane. I mean I get it, it would bug me too, if I could "hear" myself... But it makes me feel like that awful crying baby, except cognizant of my annoying loudness. meh!
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots and lots of airline seats are powered. If I was travelig a lot, I would find out what my airline offered on most of its equipment and get the DC adapter to fit an inverter if there was no 110 AC at the seat.

I've not kept up much with current trends as I haven't flwon commercially since 2012. I think a lot of the newer equipment is plumbing all their seats with power of some sort, mostly 110?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.