Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

anyone use cigna home study?
anyone use cigna home study?
If so care to share?
Wife needs study but I can't imagine her going now she knows they vid the study session....
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anyone use cigna home study?
I have Cigna PPO Plus for health insurance. I don't know about a "Cigna home study" but I did a home study with an in-network provider. My healthcare is all done at the Oregon Health Sciences University and in general everything they do is in network for Cigna which is handy.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
The rub is probably that cigna requires a board certified person to order any sleep study. I think this called shooting oneself in the foot. Though likely it's a CYA response to ridiculous law suit awards.
Post Reply Post Reply
a primary care doc is board certified or they wouldn't be a doctor. most of my sleep studies were ordered by a pcp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will look again. I may have misread. I do know mega monster hospital sleep center refused my GPs order for a sleep study because I hand carried it to said mmhsc front desk.
My interpretation was cigna required board cert in sleep medicine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 09:53 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Will look again. I may have misread. I do know mega monster hospital sleep center refused my GPs order for a sleep study because I hand carried it to said mmhsc front desk.
My interpretation was cigna required board cert in sleep medicine.

Not sure why they didn't like hand carried orders but oh well. Have your doc fax it to them.

My regular doc ordered a sleep study. It was done. The doc on staff where I had the sleep study done then faxed the script over to my regular doc who then signed it and then I got my machine. That was my first test.

I learned a lot since then, especially from this forum and so when my new doc wrote the script (he specialized in sleep disorders) and it was not for an auto, I called him and asked for an auto. Since I was being switched to a VPAP, I wasn't going to get one that was not an auto just in case. Those machines are expensive and I wanted to be able to have a range just in case. I still don't understand how my pressure range can be an auto but I have not had time to learn about it with all that is going on with trying to save some children for several years now. Some things are just pretty urgent, time consuming and we had to prioritize. So yea it is true that I have no clue how my machine works. Sorry for rambling off track.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,384 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 215 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,277 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 259 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 384 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.