Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

apap chart evaluation
RE: apap chart evaluation
Sleepryder: 
Your assumption is good, I am 6-feet tall-100 kg. As you said, I lowered down pressure 0.2 -10.8 (1month) with good results, I'll give it another 0.2-10.6 tonight & see what happens -watch for 0A's. Feeling great!  

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bob, I don't see any problem with a minimum of 10.0. Your machine is capable of increasing pressure to whatever you need from there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right! I'll set it there (10.0). Didn't think about the auto feature. 

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all the OSCAR team, great job!
Now I'm trying to understand how OSCAR is calculating 95% of my leaks at 25.20.

Can someone explain to me how it works?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is is a percentile, meaning that your leaks were at 25.2 L/min or less 95% if the time.  Percentile is calculated by arraigning all data in an assenting order based on its value.  The value at the location that would be the 95% of the data is its 95 percentile.  Median is equivlent to the 50 Percentile.

An example:
Values as recorded: 7, 8, 4, 3, 7, 9, 1, 4, 2, 6
Arranged order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9
Result: Median or 50 Percentile = 4
90 Percentile = 8

I hope I have answered your question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape. Good explanation, easy to understand!  

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
First 15 months, therapy going great & feeling a lot better. Diagnose with spinal stenosis 7 years ago (cervical surgery), needed a dorsal surgery (double laminectomy d-12 /l-1) in July. 

I have a collection of pillow -nasal (tape) -hybrid masks that use to be ok, but in the last 3 months, I couldn't control the leaks due to pain in the legs, moving too much in bed & having to sit to massage every 2 hours even with medications.

Now, I don't like it, but I bought a Resmed f20 (ffm) & it does the job (2-6 L/min leaks). The #'s are ok, but I have more ca, h & rera's caused by the remaining pain in my legs, surgery, new medications. I know I could feel better in the morning.

Can the experts tell me where to readjust my min/max /EPR to try to diminish events? 

Thank you in advance.

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are fine, write them down as this is a good safe set of settings for you.
With EPR =3 you can do nothing but increase pressure to manage flow limitations and RERAs.  So bump min pressure up by 1 cmw and see.  you may need to repeat this  You should see a change in your flow limitation chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Fred. Really appreciate it.     Thanks

I'll report next week with an updated chart! 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Snorybob, and all
Just to let you know my own experience after almost two year therapy, which would eventually launche some clue on your FLOW LIMITATION (in my  modest experience, maybe awful). PSG just retur me mild OA only during REM. Doctor put me on basic Resmed CPAP with fixed pressure 5.0, nasal mask. Some 1 year lost with mouth breathing. On march 3th 2019 I stroke with this great blog; started assume control and moved to AUTOSET, FFM, and OSCAR. In 1.5 month soon realized my main issue was FLOW LIMITATION  (they appeared somewhat like yours) and PLMD, which provoked extreme sleep fragmentation and poor "How do you feel" .On april 5th changed mask 4air to airfit f20(great!). Soon realized EPR: 3.0 would not be enough; on april 17th moved to VAUTO, changed EPR 3 to PS 4.0 (tracking gurus of this blog and literature); miracle happened: FL almost desapeared overnight, with just 1 cm2. Since then I tried PS up to 5.6, got no significant difference from 4.0. today I am set at EPAP min 6.6, PS 4.2, Max 12.8, leaking under control. It appears I am going to stay  long at these settings, while I take care of my main remaining issue: PLMD and fragmentation.
Good luck and thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 442 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.