Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

apparently i don't really need a CPAP machine
RE: apparently i don't really need a CPAP machine
I'm not following your logic about SleepyHead. Please explain.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Before using SleepyHead for detailed data and various charts, my AHI was averaging only .44, but since then I haven't been able to get it down so low.  So, obviously SleepyHead is the problem, right? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 12:09 PM)trance Wrote: Before using SleepyHead for detailed data and various charts, my AHI was averaging only .44, but since then I haven't been able to get it down so low.  So, obviously SleepyHead is the problem, right? :-)

I think your problems with AHI began after you joined Apnea Board.  So obviously that is the real cause, I would think...  Bigwink Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Big Grin
(06-25-2018, 12:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 12:09 PM)trance Wrote: Before using SleepyHead for detailed data and various charts, my AHI was averaging only .44, but since then I haven't been able to get it down so low.  So, obviously SleepyHead is the problem, right? :-)

I think your problems with AHI began after you joined Apnea Board.  So obviously that is the real cause, I would think...  Bigwink Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously Sleepyhead is the issue Smile

But in truth

Sleepyhead can only accurately calculate AHI with the full data availiable. When sleepyhead only has summary information it cannot calculate correctly the AHI.

From your Overview pane any days that have grey lines for usage only has summary data and that means the dates BEFORE you started using sleepyhead the data is incorrect.

For the rest of the time the majority of your AHI is Central Apnoea (The purple in AHI) there is nothing your machine can do about CA's only report them. It looks like your Average AHI is arround 2 so you are being well treated by your machine, and nothing more it can do. It looks like your doctor tried a set pressure to reduce the CA's, if you are still using EPR reducing it or turning it off may reduce CA's further.

How do you feel ?
Post Reply Post Reply

About the same time your Doctor changed your pressure?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 12:21 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

Except four good nights between there... oh, so apparently I don't need a Doctor. Okay Hmmm, I think I need a desert isle. Shy    
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 12:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Obviously Sleepyhead is the issue Smile

But in truth

Sleepyhead can only accurately calculate AHI with the full data availiable. When sleepyhead only has summary information it cannot calculate correctly the AHI.

From your Overview pane any days that have grey lines for usage only has summary data and that means the dates BEFORE you started using sleepyhead the data is incorrect.

For the rest of the time the majority of your AHI is Central Apnoea (The purple in AHI) there is nothing your machine can do about CA's only report them. It looks like your Average AHI is arround 2 so you are being well treated by your machine, and nothing more it can do. It looks like your doctor tried a set pressure to reduce the CA's, if you are still using EPR reducing it or turning it off may reduce CA's further.

How do you feel ?
Thank you, Jas, for that input. In truth, my numbers are pretty good. I don't feel rested; I suspect I don't breathe very efficiently.
[attachment=7004]     [attachment=7006]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 01:39 PM)trance Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 12:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Obviously Sleepyhead is the issue Smile

But in truth

<snip>

How do you feel ?
Thank you, Jas, for that input. In truth, my numbers are pretty good. I don't feel rested; I suspect I don't breathe very efficiently.

Don't fret, trance, even though you don't feel rested your thinking (cognitive level) seems to be remaining in lock-step with your drowsiness.  Everything seems to be just as it ought to be (though perhaps not exactly as your doctor expected).  But nothing inexplicable or magical is happening so no need to call Ghostbusters.  yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,421 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 154 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 405 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 856 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 271 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.