Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

are leaks a problem?
are leaks a problem?
I use a full face mask with a Resmed Airsense 10. When I first started I fit the mask very thight with essentially no leaks. 

I have evolved to a leak rate somewhere between 10-12 on most nights and have reduced my AHI to the best they have been.

Can you see a problem with accepting a leak rate below the threshold of 25 and accepting 10-12 or even 15. It makes for a most comfortable night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: are leaks a problem?
If the leaks are not disruptive to your sleep, then that leak level will still allow the machine to provide effective therapy. Since you are comfortable, that is one of the most important considerations. Carry on!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks- appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Much about successful therapy in all things PAP is to ensure comfort and confidence.  If the absolute numbers like AHI and leak rates are good, below threshold, then the rest is tinkering until you feel self-assured.  I would encourage everyone to test their man/woman-machine fit if only to get the lowest possible numbers for leaks and AHI.  When things get worse, you go back the other way some.  And by now you must know not to let any one night's stats encourage you to do things differently.  You'll want an average over three or four nights before you make changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 282 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 136 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,328 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.