Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

assistance needed...
RE: assistance needed...

I have updated my profile to show the correct CPAP machine - sorry for the confusion.

I don't have a have a computer with me this short trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 03:13 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: Arch angle I have a Resmed Air sense 10; I reset the pressure to 15 and for 5?4 hours the incidents dropped to 6.2 an hour but for the next 2 hours it climbed up again to 80+.

Are you saying the SD card in this machine has new useful data?

Yes, the AirSense 10 machines record useful data.

Look on the bottom right of the front panel of your A10 machine. What does it say below "AirSense 10?" There should be a second word below "Airsense 10."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Out and about shopping will check when I get back to the apartment.
Post Reply Post Reply
archangle - my machine is an Airsense 10 Autoset. From all I read it automatically adjusts for the altitude with a limit of 8,500'. My current location puts me at 8,379'!

We are only here for 2 weeks so I didn't bring a laptop - I don't have an SD card to I-Pad reader but may try to visit an Apple Store tomorrow for one.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 03:09 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: This article says no pressure change is needed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864887/

Pressure sensor-equipped devices maintained delivered pressure throughout the altitudes simulated in the present study.

http://journal.publications.chestnet.org...FSource=13

(03-26-2015, 06:26 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: From all I read it automatically adjusts for the altitude with a limit of 8,500'. My current location puts me at 8,379'!

(03-25-2015, 02:45 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: I bumped the settings to 16.0 from 13.0

Sounds like you probably need to go back to 13.0 if that is where you had it before your trip.

Did you change it right away, or only after you had already tried it at 13 in Bogota and had problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 03:32 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I had been going by the info in the profile: Remstar Plus Domestic
Just recently cwo4uscgret said it's an Airsense...
It should auto correct.
But the user manual lists 8500 feet as the upper limit for the operating range.
So justMongo your point may still be valid even though it's just 160 feet out of range...

Probably OK. There is always design margin. If it's spec'ed to 8500 feet, it will go higher.

I wonder what a Retired Chief Warrant Officer of the US Coast Guard is doing in Bogata'.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 06:26 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: archangle - my machine is an Airsense 10 Autoset.
Hi wo4uscgret
Awesome, same machine as mine. You can set the machine on "CPAP" mode so it deliver a fixed pressure all night (except Ramp period) or on "AutoSet" mode, in this mode, the machine have some leeway so it deliver and adjust the pressure as it see fit in response to events between two set pressures (minimum and maximum pressures). The "AutoSet can distinguish between obstructive and central apnea but only respond to obstructive apnea and not to central apnea if detected

It does help if you reply to "retired_guy" question: "What is the makeup of your incidents Chief? OA vs CA primarily" ....
so we know what are we dealing with here

If you scroll down the "Sleep Report" , you'll see last night results (providing period set to "1 Day" ...
"hours using the machine, leak, AHI, Total AI, Central AI"

The software can be very useful to see whats going on but for me the above information is all I need

Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo certainly not doing what they say the DEA has been doing...

If you must know otalre here for the baptism of our newest granddaughter. Being totally retired has its advantages!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:20 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: Mongo certainly not doing what they say the DEA has been doing...

If you must know otalre here for the baptism of our newest granddaughter. Being totally retired has its advantages!

I didn't think the former.
Congrats on the granddaughter.

Semper Paratus, CWO

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Readings at 0430 this morning when I had to wake up were: Usage 6.6 hrs, Eph 20.1, Mask Seal OK, Leak 0L/min, AHI 20.1, Total AI 20.1, Cent AI 20. Machine is set at 15 cm H2O; previous machine set at 13 cmH2O; sleep study recommended 14 cm. I reset the old machine to 15 and felt like I was getting better quality sleep.

Tonight I will copy the cumulative data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 376 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,019 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 850 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help needed teamarliss 7 262 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 271 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.