Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

assistance needed...
RE: assistance needed...
Ok, they're calming down.

One problem I have with setting APAP machines to CPAP, or with machines that only do CPAP, is there really isn't an easy way to tell if the pressure is higher than needed. Sometimes higher pressure can be the cause of the increased CA's.

So I think stay where your at, or maybe drop the pressure to 14, and see where you go.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you might want to change to Auto mode, set minimum pressure to your usual CPAP pressure and let the machine self-titrate as needed. Your choice on setting EPR. Since your CPAP pressure is not being effective, let the Auto do the work.

Buena suerde y saludos.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still in Bogota until the 6th of April; numbers seem to be leveling out; here's last night's tally and the cumulative. As you might gather, I am sleeping my vacation away!

LAST NIGHT:
9.25 hours used; EPH: 12.5; Mask OK; Humidifier OK; (forgot to write the rest down!)

LAST 14 DAYS:
Avg. usage: 10.0 hours; Pressure 15.8; Leak 8L/min; AHI 16.3; Total 16.2; Central AI 15.4

When I return home next week I'll upload the SD Card Data to Sleephead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2015, 01:09 PM)cwo4uscgret Wrote: LAST 14 DAYS:
Avg. usage: 10.0 hours; Pressure 15.8; Leak 8L/min; AHI 16.3; Total 16.2; Central AI 15.4

Hi cwo4uscgret,

It is not uncommon for the numbers of central apnea to skyrocket at high elevations.

Turning off EPR and/or reducing the pressure may reduce the number of central apneas.

At 8,000 ft elevation all (or nearly all) of your very high AHI is made up of central apneas. The number of central apneas may very slowly (over weeks of time) reduce or disappear, but for some patients the only thing which helps is to move to a lower elevation.

At sea level, all (or nearly all) of your central apneas may disappear.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn I leave on the 6th for much lower elevations. Thanks for much the something to check! I do like my new machine too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night - of course my last night at 8,500' above sea level, for 9+ hours of sleep I averaged 2.something events per hour!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say you have adjusted to the altitude quite nicely. Have a nice trip back to sea level!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 49 Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 375 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 77 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,017 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 848 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help needed teamarliss 7 260 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 271 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.