Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

asv [questions about them]
RE: asv
If you have 2 machines of the same make and model, lets say ResMed Aircurve ASV, can the two machines be set up to have different back up rates or amount of time to provide a breath?  I'm wondering if it is set by ResMed or if it is set by the DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2018, 06:03 PM)Hojo Wrote: If you have 2 machines of the same make and model, lets say ResMed Aircurve ASV, can the two machines be set up to have different back up rates or amount of time to provide a breath?  I'm wondering if it is set by ResMed or if it is set by the DME.

I believe the backup rate is automatically determined by the ResMed algorithm via your recent rate. I have no clinical setting for this on my ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you everybody for taking the time to answer my question. I will be switching from a automatic to ASV soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jerry1967,
It's great to hear that you are going to be switching to an ASV machine.
Let us know how you do with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK well that's good for you in progressing onto the ASV machine. If needed, I can pass on what I've learned.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/a/b5Lwo

Are these clear airways ? Central, Obstructions ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Most likely that pattern is central rather than obstructive based on the periodic appearance, lack of recovery breathing and interpretation of the machine FOT.

[Image: ePMldhL.pngimg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Thank You Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 189 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 168 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 151 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 247 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 360 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 309 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.