Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

at what point does it actually start to get better?
at what point does it actually start to get better?
i've been using my CPAP for exactly two months today. you can see from the attachments what last night looked like. every night is pretty much like this. i still feel awful, and my diagnosed AHI from my original sleep study was only like 14 AHI. i've had three or four discussions with a technician (at kaiser...) who will only say that, they can only see how long i used the machine and what the AHI, and nothing else when I bring up the centrals. either they can't or don't want to access the more detailed data.

they also say that the centrals are caused by sleeping on my back, and that i need to sleep longer to feel better. my body just doesn't want to sleep longer than 8 hours, so i dont know what to do about that? the only thing they've really done is make slight adjustments to the pressure, i started at 4-20, they changed it to like 6-15 and then 7-11. i bumped that final value up myself just a little because it felt like i wasnt getting enough air.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: at what point does it actually start to get better?
I think if you hit F12 for a screenshot (built-in process in Oscar), it saves a shot that displays more info for the pros to see.

Strange that your expert said to sleep on your back to prevent centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
With all of those centrals I can see why you are not feeling well. As the last post said use F12 key in Oscar to make a good screenshot. Also make it the full night to help us see the problems. If they needs closeup (zoomed) they will tell you what they need to see.

Also we would needed to see the sleep study you had done at the sleep lab. Black out your personal info.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
adding f12 screenshot

Post Reply Post Reply
Just my opinion, but I'm thinking it's time to address the CA trainwreck with Dr. Blind Squirrel. You need to take pen to paper and describe the PAP therapy, how it makes you feel, mention the fatigue, the unrest, not feeling good positive consistent benefits, maybe a pinch of research on Central Apnea and that your current CPAP isn't the right tool for CA. I would be inclined to be full on negative info and full off the positive. Include mentions that research tells you of an ASV that is the right tool to combat CA. Your resolution is likely going to include getting doc to take your symptoms and complaints serious enough to act. You need to request titration on ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 4 26 22 minutes ago
Last Post: erouting
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,418 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Single Point Low O2 Data mcman56 1 269 11-16-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The point of CPAP Machine explained ? Gregsleep 6 675 10-20-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,239 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 537 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 561 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.