Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask Actual Sizes
Mask Actual Sizes
Is there any information on Masks, and their actual physical sizes?
I am currently using a "Professionally Fitted" Amara View Mask, Medium, that is too Big, height wise. As it sits in the hollow part between lower lip and chin, it is pushing up into my nose, and causing lots of nasal pain and discomfort, making it near impossible to actually fall asleep.
I was considering one of the following, and since we are now Socially isolated, I can't go in for another "Professional Fitting", and if I could I wouldn't any way as they in my bad books for wasting my time and money.

Option 1, purchase the small cushion for the Amara View
Option 2, purchase a Resmed Airfit F20 or F30 (Whichever model doesn't have the forehead bridge) I've just quickly had a look, and I thought I wanted the F20, but now it looks like its the F30. "I am so confused" --C3PO, Star Wars Attack of the Clones

Any help or advice please.
Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Actual Sizes
Looks like it's the AirFit F30 Model I am looking at changing to.
I still don't know were I got F20 from, but it's stuck in my brain now
Post Reply Post Reply
So that doesn't bode well for the reputation of the person that did your not very professional fitting.

I still have the F20, as I've not yet decided to get an F30, so I can't give advice on that one. I still have my Amara View in Medium, but it's not nearly as good of a mask for me as I thought when I first had gotten it. I think going to a Small cushion may cause fit troubles elsewhere, like it could reduce the width over the mouth. I do know that my F20 cushions are that way, in that it gets proportionately taller/shorter along with wider/narrower depending on the size you go with.

Anyway, the F30 might be a good choice, the problem is you have to decide for yourself if it's right. I feel those paper mask fit guides aren't as helpful as they should be, but maybe you try that to see if you learn anything about future mask purchase choices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2020, 07:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: So that doesn't bode well for the reputation of the person that did your not very professional fitting.
It doesn't. I've tried to complain, but they don't care, Consumer Affairs don't care, Other agencies don't care. CPAP manufactures don't care either

Quote:SarcasticDave94
I do know that my F20 cushions are that way, in that it gets proportionately taller/shorter along with wider/narrower depending on the size you go with.
That's Good to know. Many Thanks

Quote:SarcasticDave94
Anyway, the F30 might be a good choice, the problem is you have to decide for yourself if it's right. I feel those paper mask fit guides aren't as helpful as they should be, but maybe you try that to see if you learn anything about future mask purchase choices.

I am leaning towards the F30. And yeah, I've had problems with those guides, as my printer, doesn't print to scale, so it's still a blind guesstimate
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess the best advice I have on masks, do as much research as Mr. Google brings to check any aspect possible. I find user reviews to be helpful, just add a grain of salt onto those overly critical ones. I'm not saying other brands are bad, but for myself I like ResMed, Respironics, and Fisher & Paykel. I own masks from the first 2. I plan on getting one from F&P called the Vitera sometime soon, maybe this summer. I used the Vitera for a recent sleep study. Even though it has a bar going up towards the top, as I recall it does not touch the forehead. It only acts as a leverage point to seal the upper nasal bridge area. Good luck on your search.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 does mask return insurance on many masks you can return the mask within 30 days and get a refund so you can try any masks
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched from the F20 to the F30 recently. For me the F30 was a much better choice. Much more comfortable. I also use Supplier #1 and they have been real easy to deal with.

When you try to print the fit gauge you should have a setting in the print dialog window that allows you to adjust the scaling. Set it to 100% (or "actual size") and then print. The setting may be hidden under "advanced" or something similar, depends on what OS and printer you are using.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2020, 12:38 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Supplier #1 does mask return insurance on many masks you can return the mask within 30 days and get a refund so you can try any masks

Thanks. It would take 30 days just to be shipped to Ozzie Land
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently have a Amara View, Medium. It's 6.5 to 7cm height wise. I have downloaded about a dozen or so "product guides/manuals" on various masks, and not one of them so far has any measurements.

If anyone else would please be helpful, would you do a rough to accurate measurement on your mask, if you have an AirFit F30, double please Grouphug3
If you do, you may participate in the emoji virtual group hug Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2020, 12:53 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I switched from the F20 to the F30 recently.  For me the F30 was a much better choice.  Much more comfortable.  I also use Supplier #1 and they have been real easy to deal with.

When you try to print the fit gauge you should have a setting in the print dialog window that allows you to adjust the scaling.  Set it to 100% (or "actual size") and then print.  The setting may be hidden under "advanced" or something similar, depends on what OS and printer you are using.

You may have to keep trying different percentage settings until you get the correct scaling. On my HP printer it is usually around 80% for mask sizing guides.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are these actual obstructive apnea events? SleepyMcDonald 6 586 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  heated cpap tube sizes please! Always Confused 2 624 08-22-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Is there a way to tell actual sleep time and not just usage time? MKW1956 8 976 07-01-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Never Saw an Actual 'Sleep Doctor' StratCat48 3 647 04-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,750 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.