Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!)
auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!)
My Airsense 10 used to turn on in a flash, often before I'd finished putting on my mask. Now, it's not going on at all, or at least in just under a minute when I give up and twist in bed and reach up to manually start the machine.

What happened? I went looking to see if I'd inadvertently turned off that function--which is a possibility, as I'm clumsy. Any ideas or help? 

A small thing...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!)
Have you changed masks? I've heard some say that smart start may not work with all masks.

Try rebooting your machine by unplugging from the power source and plug back in. Check your settings first and then retry.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Opal! will do. I have been switching between an F30 and a P10, and changing settings (pillow versus full) on my machine...and sometimes forgetting to change settings between the masks, so I use a nasal pillow setting for my full face mask. Maybe I've jsut confused the machine! I'm using the F30 on "full face mask" setting now tho. I'll unplug and replug and see if that fixes it.

I can't find a setting for auto turn on by the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was Leak Alert accidentally turned on? It would block the Auto Start as I recall.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed auto-turns-on super easily when I use a nose mask or pillow.

I don't have a strong enough breath to turn it on with a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sarcasticdave: as a matter of fact, I wrestled with a major leak that simply turned out to be that I hadn't fully inserted my humidifier tray--but while I was sorting that out, all sorts of high pressure occurred and a red frowny face showed on my machine. I think in fact it was after that that the auto start stopped.

I don't s see a leak alert function on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the Clinicians manual? Check the settings to see if "Essentials Plus" is on.

I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the leak. Also, the manual does state that if using a nasal pillow mask with a pressure <7, then the smart start feature might not work. Is your pressure above 7?

Let us know if you get this worked out.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unplugging and then plugging the Airsense back in worked. I'm certain that it was the huge leak caused by the humidifier tray being slightly out that caused the issue. (altho why Resmed links the two is a mystery to me.) So all is well. thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK glad you fixed it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hegel, glad that's straightened out. Thanks for letting us know.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 231 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.