Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

autoset 10 blowing too much air and won’t turn off automatically
autoset 10 blowing too much air and won’t turn off automatically
Hello all,

so I’ve been having an issue with my Airsense autoset 10. It’s constantly blowing too much air when I start it (all settings are the same from when I started a couple months ago) and the one machine is making a loud whistling/whirring noise when I inhale. Also when I take it off the machine does not automatically turn off as it has before. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: autoset 10 blowing too much air and won’t turn off automatically
It sounds like there is a leak in the breathing circuit. This machine's normal operation is to achieve the set pressure and maintain that with enough air to just overcome the intentional mask leak. Any additional leaks in the humidifier, tube, a faulty mask vent or a mask leak will cause too much air to flow. What happens if you start the machine and put your hand over the end of the tube? Where is all this blowing air leaking when using your mask?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2021, 04:42 AM)K I’ll arkay95 Wrote: Hello all,

so I’ve been having an issue with my Airsense autoset 10. It’s constantly blowing too much air when I start it (all settings are the same from when I started a couple months ago) and the one machine is making a loud whistling/whirring noise when I inhale. Also when I take it off the machine does not automatically turn off as it has before. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks.
Sorry I meant when I take off my nasal pillow it doesn’t turn off automatically
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. When I put my hand on the tube then it’ll turn off after a few seconds. I’m not exactly sure where all the blowing air is leaking. I tried switching out my original nasal pillow for another small sized one that I had and it’s the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arkay have you tried a larger size nasal pillow or a different mask frame? Is the short-tube firmly connected as the mask and to the CPAP tube?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the short tube was firmly in. I haven't tried a bigger size for the nasal pillow. I've always used a medium sized p10 nasal pillow and I haven't had a problem before.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen a chart of your leak rate, but in many years of using the P10 mask, I have consistently found most people have better results with a larger pillow size. It is meant to rest on the outside of the nares, not inside. For me the large is almost not large enough, and I would like more surface area.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 580 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,294 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  Too much air blowing after cleaning eddog89 8 4,424 05-04-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Sidesleeper2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.