Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

autoset for her
autoset for her
i dont fully understand purpose of this machine. 5 months ago i got new CPAP resmed autoset 10.  i did not have 7 hour sleep in entire time on CPAP. Most i get is 5-6 hours and large part of it unable to fall asleep. If i use machine or dont it make no difference how i feel all day. I use machine most nights. Sleep doctor the only job is to bill insurance and sabotage my treatment. Useless myair tells me machine is working. So i started research this issue and got nowhere, just fighting with my sleep clinique and being told i am idiot.  The earliest appointment i could get for someone with good reviews is end of November. So after 5 months i asked my sleep doctor why i was not given autoset for her machine. Answer i was given this  machine was not reviewed in any professional publications and they never prescribed it to anyone. I told them it is a lie and gave them such information just to be ignored.  So eventually i was given autoset for her rx but settings were the same as initial autoset machine. Is autoset for her should be prescribed to any female diagnosed with OSA? or any female diagnosed with OSA and high RERA readings? Considering it is almost impossible to get accurate RERA readings and my autoset for her reporting very low RERA, may i assume in my case autoset for her would not make any difference? I added report but honestly i dont understand it.
.pdf   McArdle_AfH_ATS_2014.pdf (Size: 116.94 KB / Downloads: 21)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: autoset for her
The Resmed Autoset "for her" model is exactly the same as the regular Autoset except it has one extra setting.  A special setting that Resmed found helped a lot of women.   Many men find it helps them also.

The pressure settings are not necessarily different,  it's just how the machine responds to events that is different. 

I suggest you download the OSCAR  software.   It will allow you to see your nights events and help see where improvement could be made.

Also, you can post your OSCAR chart on the forum and the people here will be able to help you optimize your treatment. 

I couldn't see your attachment (because I am using a tablet).
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
so this setting is automatically included in for her machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The setting is there but you can change many things to help with the therapy.  You need to download the the manual for your machine (links at the top of the site) Then the Dr. settings should have been put into the machine.  BUT most of them just set it to auto min 4 upper 20 or what we call wide open.  She can use it that way for a night and download it to OSCAR (software FREE on this site).  To do that you have to have a memory card in the machine.  After you download OSCAR put the card in the computer and download her nights sleep.  Tell a little about the night and post the OSCAR graphs.

You need to read about how to set up the graphs in the correct order, take the calendar and pie chart off. AND POST.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok  I see now you have another thread asking for assistance on your treatment  and that you do have OSCAR  and have posted results  which look pretty good overall and you have been given suggestions there to work on.

You should probably stick one thread,  otherwise you'll get a lot of repetition. 

I will just reiterate,  5 hours of sleep is not enough.   You need to keep your mask on all night and get 7 - 8 hours nightly on a regular basis to even think about feeling better.   

Think about why you are removing your mask.  One suggestion is to wear the mask for a couple of hours while watching TV.  It might help you accept the mask while you're sleeping. Another suggestion might be to think if your mask is comfortable.   Maybe another mask might be better.   

The bad effects of sleep apnea probably come along slowly,  and recognizing recovery will likely also be slow.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,862 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,237 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 708 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,128 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.