Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11?
autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11?
Good morning,

I have noticed a setting on my Resmed airsense 11 that has an autoset for her besides the regular autoset.. I can't find any info on line to tell me the differences. Does any one know the differences? I thought I may change my setting from autoset to autoset for her to see if it may help me. My dr. has told me I have a very narrow opening in my esophagus.

thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11???
Hi,

You may try but I doubt it will do you any good. You may be better to switch the regular AutoSet to Soft response mode instead.

For Her will not increase pressure above 12 unless some extra conditions are met. Because you use over 15 cm, that is clear No-Go as for me. There are other difference but that one is the show stopper.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked about for her.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...at-happens
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information, I will try it anyway and will report back in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11?
Hope it’s ok to ask a question about response.  How does regular airsense 11 autoset in soft response differ from regular response?  In what situations would i prefer one over the other?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ivy woods!  -  Welcome

The difference will only apply if you are using any of the EPR levels.  The response is for the time it takes the AS11 to go from the reduced EPAP (IPAP Pressure - EPR Value =  EPAP) to the higher IPAP pressure.  The "Soft" setting uses a gentle logarithmic ramp up to the IPAP pressure, whereas the "Regular" is immediate.  The "Regular" will feel like you are going from 0 to 60 (Oops! - Canada, then 0 to 96 kmh) in under a half second. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I respectfully disagree with Crimson Nape's interpretation that Soft response governs how quickly the device moves from EPAP to IPAP when EPR is used.

Soft response governs how quickly AutoSet responds to pressure increases, From the Clinical Manual.

Quote:AutoSet Response
AutoSet mode (AirSense 11 AutoSet device only).
For patients who are sensitive to faster changes in pressure during therapy, AutoSet Response can be set
to either Standard or Soft. If set to soft, patients will receive gentler pressure rises during therapy.
Patients who use the AutoSet Response feature will still get the benefits of ResMed's AutoSet technology
including improved sensitivity to flow-limitation and CSA Detection with Forced Oscillation Technique.

This does not suggest at all this is associated with EPR.

The behavior of Soft Response managing therapy pressure increase (and decline) is consistent with the behaviour of AutoSet for Her mode. Which uses Soft Response.

Finally, if Soft Response was an EPR feature, than this suggests it would also be available in CPAP mode. It's not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could be wrong. I was using my experience when I played with it on my A10 machines.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 79 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,459 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 69 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,372 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 136 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 202 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,003 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.