Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 autoset and camping
S9 autoset and camping
So spring is here and this is my first camping season on cpap. We camp in tents so no RV power source, etc. I'm all set with my battery system, but my question is can I take my s9 autoset camping with me or will the dampness in some way effect it? I'm debating about investing in a transcend or z1 unit, but if I can take my s9 I'll just as soon do that. I'm talking about just the blower unit, no humidifier, no heated hose, etc.
I'm in western ny, so cool damp nights by the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 autoset and camping
You should be fine, but you might have a bit of a time adjusting to no humidifier. But, that's why we call it "roughing it."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2015, 09:08 PM)retired_guy Wrote: You should be fine, but you might have a bit of a time adjusting to no humidifier. But, that's why we call it "roughing it."

Some folk, yep, Some folk, no.

I used to just unhook my humidifier from the machine during the summer months, and I always travel without the humidifier.

I may be weird, but I don't tell much difference with any change.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
i was thinking of investing in some HME humidifiers for if I should be forced to exist on battery power... (wouldnt do it on purpose tho - camping? horrors!) some have said they beat none.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Outdoors in the summer in New York shouldn't be an issue. The air is plenty humid almost all the time so it's unlikely you'd notice not having the humidifier. In the desert or in a heated house in the winter, you would have different results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 694 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,810 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 581 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,439 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,891 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,660 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.