Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

back again...now resmed airsense
back again...now resmed airsense
Please where is the page where they speak of recommended cpaps...recommended because some use sleepyhead and some do not.  I can't find the list. THANKS!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: back again...now resmed airsense
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you so much!!  Appt is tomorrow and I need to let the new DME know I do know SOMETHING so I don't get taken! 
I have another question if you will....we added FLEX so she could EXHALE easier...trouble is the air didn't start when she was ready to INHALE so it felt like she wasn't getting any air to breathe.  Was that because of the FLEX or a misfunctioning machine?  Does RESMED have FLEX?  I don't know WHICH resmed til tomorrow.  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed machines do a better job of sensing the user's pattern of breathing and anticipating when to back off on pressure.  This is what I have read many times from the gurus on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about that?!!  We wouldn't be able to make it without you all.  Daughter is disabled and like most kids BULL headed! Smile  When she's DONE she is DONE! I can't let her get to that point.  Her level needed is 14...very high from what I read on here.  Quite a blast!  Will request the F20 mask with diffused elbow to avoid that blast! 
What bothered me when I tried my husband's on was that you can't exhale and rest before the next inhale...but he said you get used to it.  Felt like I was smothering in air! Smile  Gotta hand it to you all.  Great site!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I agree here... I had a respironics prescribed to me in 2011.. I used it 2 weeks, and threw it on the shelf, I couldn't handle it... Fast forward to 2018, got an airsense 10 and I have 100% compliance with 0.75 AHI (was 5 to 9 AHI with the respironics)... 

Sleeprider hit the nail on the head with me, and explained it as best as I have heard so far:

What's the difference? EPR and the Easy Breath pressure shaping instead of Flex. You have a 3-cm pressure support with the Resmed, and at pressures between 4 and 10 it is magic for you. With the Philips you ended up in an endless cycle of fighting the machine.While both machines seem to accurately determine your respiration rate and tidal volume, the big difference here is that the Philips doesn't properly interpret your inspiration/expiration times or transitions. It imposes Flex at the wrong time and that is what totally ruined your therapy. The Resmed follows your respiration rather than predicting it. Just look how finally you have a correct I/E ratio. I think the Flex algorithms in Philips machines is the one of the major sources of failure in comfort and using those machines. It certainly works for some people, but I keep finding myself thinking as I look at many different charts on this forum, if only they weren't using the Philips! The use of predictive Flex pressure transitions and the slow reactive pressure changes of the Philips auto machines just increase events, vs the reactive EPR and proactive pressure changes on Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2019, 02:33 PM)lynneat Wrote: How about that?!!  We wouldn't be able to make it without you all.  Daughter is disabled and like most kids BULL headed! Smile  When she's DONE she is DONE! I can't let her get to that point.  Her level needed is 14...very high from what I read on here.  Quite a blast!  Will request the F20 mask with diffused elbow to avoid that blast! 
What bothered me when I tried my husband's on was that you can't exhale and rest before the next inhale...but he said you get used to it.  Felt like I was smothering in air! Smile  Gotta hand it to you all.  Great site!

The advantage to the Resmed machines in general and the Autoset in particular is that they are capable of providing true bilevel pressure with up to 3 cm pressure difference between inhale and exhale pressure. The Resmed follows your breathing, building support behing each inhale, and quickly providing relief to each exhale.  The Philips machines do not do this.  Please, insist on the Resmes Airsense 10 Autoset or at a minimum the Elite.   Here is a graphic example of how the pressure works with Resmed. Note the patient breathing, and mask pressure (machine pressure), and how they follow each other.  In the blue mask pressure graph, the peaks are the CPAP pressure and the valleys are the exhale pressure relief (EPR). Looking very carefully, you will see the patient inhale and exhle (Flow Rate) lead the pressure changes. This is what makes the Resmed so comfortable and superior to any other CPAP technology out there. Getting the Autoset will let your daughter enjoy lower pressure, because she can probably use a minimum pressure of 10.0 and maximum pressure of 15 and still get the kind of results her prescription intends. Beyond that the 3-cm exhale pressure relief specifically targets hypopnea and flow limitation and allows lower pressure to achieve better results that higher CPAP pressures alone.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure I understand it all but sort of...enough to present to the DME tomorrow.  It's so hard to be new to a technology.  I hope to have your knowledge soon though. I'm trying.  Her life depends on it.  Thank you isn't enough.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 351 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,717 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,594 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,763 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.