Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bacteria filter question
bacteria filter question
Help I am sorry to ask a question that makes me sound like a simpleton. I have used this inline bacterial filter on my cpap for a month only. It is time for the filter to be changed. I can find replacement filters for this device online easily enough. My question is how does one open the plastic filter chamber to remove the old used on and insert the new one. Thinking-about

The plastic device doesn't seem to screw or pull off or apart. Please don't laugh. I am challenged here. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bacteria filter question
The plastic capsule and filter are integral and not meant to be opened. The filter is a very thin fragile membrane and will be damaged if handled. Replacements come enclosed in a plastic capsule.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Filers are typically assembled in a cleanroom under sterile conditions to minimize contamination. Opening a sealed unit can defeat the anti-bacterial properties by allowing external contaminants in the chamber.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to both responders! Thanks
They are single use from what you are saying.
I have a PR System One cpap.
Is there an additional setting I need to change to add for the inline filter?

My husband has the Resmed Autoset and it has a setting for the A/B filter
but I don't see anything on the settings for the PR System One  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
If the PAP has the setting, it's labeled AB filter for anti-bacterial. And as others stated the entire filter is swapped for a new one. Here's an image to make certain we're on the same page. It's something like this.

[attachment=30841]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, this photo is what I am using.
PR System One has a setting for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
That I'm not sure. I've never been issued a PR System One.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although Philips Respironics has an in-line bacterial filter, there is no setting in the PRS1 machines.

I know these are sold for allergy relief, but I never really thought they would be very effective, and risk mildew or mold contamination. If you don't really need it, I would forego the filter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the answers! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I've heard if these AB filters get wet, mold can be an issue along with blocking airflow. The point is I've heard more negatives than positives for using these.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,179 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 909 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 817 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.