Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

battery backup?
Also, have you checked out the Somnetics Transcend CPAP? I just looked it up for someone else and see it has some power options that may work for you.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2012, 11:59 AM)btaylor Wrote: Well I see all the suggestions for battery backups and everyone says get a deep cycle marine battery... well I can't because that is way more weight than I can take with me. I need something in the 3-5 lbs range. if it only holds enough charge for 4-8 hours that is fine. it is more of a requirement for traveling than a severe need for me. I have no problem sleeping without the cpap for awhile.

Hi BTaylor...not sure what country you are from. But, here in Canada, my CPAP equipment does not get weighed, not does it count as a carryon, or a piece of luggage. I have to have a dated letter from my equipment provider, to prove that it is indeed medical equipment. The one time I flew with it, I was only asked what was in the case, they scanned it and did not ask for my letter. Best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery Back up for Airsense 10 Matzaball2016 8 918 08-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Pilot-24 CPAP Battery System from Medistrom sonicboom 16 6,314 08-05-2017, 09:25 PM
  Battery backup for Dreamstation speed3914 21 641 07-29-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: speed3914
  Phillips Respironics Go Auto CPAP with Battery Pack David Govan 3 236 07-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Last Post: loganpass
  Measuring current draw on CPAP for battery calcuilations OMyMyOHellYes 17 732 07-23-2017, 08:57 AM
  Battery usage, while camping hansk 78 3,868 07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
  Battery setup Jrw1 13 559 06-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Jrw1