Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bballkj7 (Therapy Thread]
RE: bballkj7 (Therapy Thread]
I think i need an ASV. the leak rate was higher with the new mask, and AHI/apneas cant be tegistered when i mouth breathe. So the nose mask gave the illusion of better AHI.

Kind P*ssed my Doctor didnt tell me this, and this apnea board DID. I mean you guys are great but shouldnt doctors know this stuff,,????  

So yeah. Mouthbreathing AHI wasnt being registered, but apneas still take place. I snore/breathe with my mouth even with the nose pillows on, per my gf, and surely enough the leakrate is huge during that time, and the apneas i experience arent being logged to the machine.  

Long story short: my ahi is still avg of 10 (centrals up to 40 in a few hours of my sleep) and the nasal mask made it so the machine didn’t log my mouthbreathing AHI. Thats devious!!! 

I hope an ASV will help my centrals, i’m really struggling here. Experts welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: used airfit f20 full face mask again last night. Results were 2.75 avg, with 3 hours  at 10 AHI still (all central). 

Better than usual but still central issues. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Part of this may be driven by insurance, depending on the particulars of the plan you have, The concept is that before they shell out the big bucks for ASV, they require you to fail at CPAP and maybe at APAP. I know that answer will not please you, and it may not apply to your individual case, but it may be what is going on.

I am skeptical that ASV is required with a Central index of only 1.62 in the most recent night posted above. Lots of people have centrals here and there. Some say the central index has to be 5 to consider ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gidgeon recommended an ASV. Central has been up to 40 for a few hours, last night was tame. My avg AHI with full face has been 10. 

I hope ASV works.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 58 892 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,313 2 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,278 10 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,073 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 585 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 486 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 552 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.