Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bballkj7 (Therapy Thread]
Grin 
bballkj7 (Therapy Thread]
[attachment=42059]I use an Auto cpap from 4.0-20.0, i uploaded the data to oscar. Can someone help me interpret it? 
Heres a screenshot of the daily tab. i'm not sure what to attach or what is the best way to help you guys help me... Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any advice on my CPAP data?
Set minimum pressure to 10, max to 15, EPR = 0 and switch to mode "soft".

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure settings -  (4 to 20 cm H2O) - are the factory default, and cannot help you. You have a lot of Central Apneas, which may be because you have just started treatment, or may be of long standing. If you had a sleep test, please post it here after removing any identifying data.

In the mean time, as multicast suggested, an increase in your starting pressure is needed, although I would start you at 7 for a week to see how it goes before increasing it further. You have a lot of centrals, as noted, but also a lot of flow limitations. To reduce flow limitations, we usually set the Exhale Pressure Relief to 3, which you are already using. In some people, that much EPR can cause increased Central Apneas. You may be one of them, so it will become a balancing act for you. I would suggest reducing EPR to 2 or 1 along with the increased minimum of 7. This will be a test phase, with future changes after we see the results.

You may well be more comfortable with a Ramp Pressure of 6, with the time still at Auto. A pressure of 4 has most adults feeling air starved or sucking air. Of course, 6 is close to your minimum of 7, so you could turn the Ramp Off. It's up to your comfort.

You can find instructions on getting to the Clinicians Setup menus by clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals in the black menu bar above.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI is 43 untreated, 10-15 so far treated. Only been 2-3 weeks since starting cpap. 

Most of my apnea is central according to my sleep studies also, 70% roughly, tho my Dr says “it’s more complicated than that” which I get. 

I’ll try lower EPR, and set it to “soft”, and try either 10-15 or 7-15. 

Updating you both asap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I did EPR 1, Soft mode, and 7-17 pressure. I had no issues with it, and had a lower AHI than normal!! I feel better too. It's still an AHI of 8 ish. Here is a screenshot.  THANK YOU SO FAR. Please continue to advise me anything, I am still new Smile 
Thanks

[attachment=42082][attachment=42081]
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Advice on my treatment: Airsense 11 APAP 10.0-15.0 pressure
Hi again... I was adivised to switch EPR to 1 or 0 due to my central apneas (long term). It helped lower my AHI. Any more advice?

Here is my data the last three days, one day at 10-15, two days at 10-20 pressure. 

Please, any help is appreciated. I am at AHI of around 10, but still struggling. Please advise, and thank you! 

I hope to help you guys out too.  Thanks like

[attachment=42207][attachment=42206][attachment=42205]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bballkj7 (Therapy Thread]
bballkj7,
I merged your two threads in order to keep your therapy history in one place. I also sent you a PM.
Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still too much CA. Please send some zooms of the CA of 2 or 3 minutes duration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take pressure variation out of the picture

Mode: Auto
Min = Max = 11
EPR= Off

I'm thinking you are headed to an advanced device, possibly the ASV.

Do you have any Cardio, pulmonary, CNS (Central Nervous System), neuromuscular issues. Any CNS meds, pain killers especially opioids real or synthetic, brain injury, or stroke history?
Post Reply Post Reply

Here is today  May 23rd 2022 for example. I zoomed on a CA area.

Same 10-15 pressure as before. I am still struggling a lot with sleepiness and muscle weakness. Doctor said take magnesium for headaches (he said I have migraines) and it may help muscle aches. Also prescribed MODFANIL for daytime sleepiness. What do you think?

Any advice is helpful, I'm really struggling still. I will be on this board more often. Daily. 

Here is the overview for today as well.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 248 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,259 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,332 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.