Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bent ear lobes from headgear
bent ear lobes from headgear
Hi,
Does anyone else get the straps from the headgear catch under their earlobes and work up in the night bending the earlobes up? I end up lying on the bent earlobes and wake up in pain from them. Any ideas on this? I dont want to tape the earlobes down because I react to adhesive when its left on a while.
Regards,
Jenny

I forgot to say my current mask and headgear are mirage quattro
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bent ear lobes from headgear
I don,t have this problem
Ask your supplier to try different size headgear and make sure its not too loose or too tight

padacheek makes some pads (you can make them too) fit on the lower straps to protects the cheeks and lower ears
[Image: P8155079-210x168.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a mask years ago that did this. I hated it. My ear really hurt!

Like Zonk said, ask the supplier for different headgear.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been wearing it wrong. How embarassing! The way it fitted most naturally had the top strap on top of my head and the other two that joined together below but that top strap would always end up loose and I thought it was poor design. Now I have all three at the back of my head by opening the straps up and starting again with the adjustment. It feels weird and the bottom section is now pushing on the lower part of my head and its more sensitive but I think it will get used to it and it leaks less.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found out this fact. Hopefully, this will solve your issue.

If it doesn't, I would ask your supplier for a different mask/headgear. Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It did not solve the problem, it just rides up. I cant ask the supplier for different headgear unfortunately. I had a look at the padacheek pads but one photo I found on supplier 2 actually showed it bending the earlobe up! I have been trying to work out on supplier 2 and 10 and on ebay what headgear would fit my quattro but of course if you search for quattro you get the quattro one, not alternatives. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2013, 10:11 PM)sunstone Wrote: It did not solve the problem, it just rides up.
I had the same thing with Quattro FX but your profile shows Mirage Quattro

Mirage Quattro
[Image: 01-l.jpg]

Quattro FX
[Image: 01-l.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
yes its the quattro i am using not the fx
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you,re fitting the mask correctly as shown in the video and user guide instructions, the lower straps should be below the ears

ResMed Quattro: Overview and Fitting Video # 10
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F

Quattro user guide: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Fitting Template: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/html/mas...clinicians
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm like Sunstone. My headgear rides up at night and bends my ears. I tug it down but it doesn't always stay. Sometimes if I'm on my side and the seal is good, I just slide the band over my ear. On good nights, I barely move so this isn't a problem. On bad nights I toss and turn a lot so it's usually not the bent earlobes that's stopping me from sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 267 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,715 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 475 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 370 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 522 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 445 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,032 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.