Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

best nasal pillow. lol
best nasal pillow. lol
Ok kidding about the best part but thinking I want a nasal pillow what do you like and why. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: best nasal pillow. lol
You can check out the Reviews Forum, too. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews

I use the Nuance. I like it because it doesn't leak, isn't hot, and is quiet. It has great headgear. Isn't too expensive. Lightweight. Handles my higher pressures. It's a good mask.

But what works for me, may not work for you. That's why there's so many masks out there. You have to try them for yourself.

Like the P10. Some people think the minimalistic headgear is perfect. But for me, it squished my nose so bad, it is the only nasal pillow to give me a sore.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Airfit P10. If this is your first time venturing with nasal pillow masks, you should try this one first.

Resistance is Futile!
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure. Try the simplest, most ridiculous one first. Then you'll come to the Nuance where you'll understand what real headgear is supposed to be like. Bigwink:grin:
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
P10. If it works for you it is The Best.

Head gear is one size fits most so either it fits you, you modify it (not hard), or you try something else.

Like any pillow you must have a half-way clear nose (P10 holds my nose open if I can breathe at all) and keep your mouth shut (with or without a strap.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
In the past 4 months, when I started CPAP, I've moved through Nuance, Swift FX and P10.
Given claustrophobia, I was beyond delighted to learn there was such a thing as a nasal pillow! I'm not sure I would have waded into this if my only choice had been a full face mask.
I liked Nuance but it seemed to be too easy for me to dislodge the pillows. And it left big marks on my face, even with fleece "sleeves".
I liked Swift FX but did not like how much exhaust blew out of it. (And my bedmate liked it even less!)
I'm using P10. I LOVE the almost no exhaust. The headband works on me. I think I'm probably between sizes, pillow-wise. But I'll stick with this for now.
E25
Post Reply Post Reply
I vote P10, but THAT is what is futile; figuring out what mask is best for you by listening to what mask is best for someone else. It is personal, and while it makes sense to go with what the consensus says first (because odds are you will agree), we have to remember that voters here base this on experience with one, occasionally possibly two, or even possibly a rare third mask. So it is not a reliable shoot-out, since there are many types and many versions to pick from.

It's like deciding which version of the Apple Watch to buy based on which version others might buy. Very personal, just like how extremely different the ranges and nuances of xPAP treatment can be. The spectrum is too wide to base an informed decision on a few anecdotal reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
I, like Tyrone, believe that the choice of mask whether it be full-face, nasal, or pillow is a very personal decision based on the uniqueness of the individual being treated. Then, eventually, the entire world will use the P10. Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 07:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can check out the Reviews Forum, too. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews

I use the Nuance. I like it because it doesn't leak, isn't hot, and is quiet. It has great headgear. Isn't too expensive. Lightweight. Handles my higher pressures. It's a good mask.

But what works for me, may not work for you. That's why there's so many masks out there. You have to try them for yourself.

Like the P10. Some people think the minimalistic headgear is perfect. But for me, it squished my nose so bad, it is the only nasal pillow to give me a sore.

Nuance Pro user here as well. It's the first and only mask/nasal pillow I've ever used (except for a FFM at my titration). I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it has been great. I adjusted very quickly to it and I have virtually no leaks (Sleepmapper scores 100 almost every night)
Post Reply Post Reply
When first fitted, I found the masks pinched my nose and blocked my dilapidated sinuses even more. Then I was fitted with a P10 -- and learned, yeah, I can do this CPAP thing!

When I picked up my machine I was given the Nuance Pro to try -- and accidentally fell asleep with it on when I was just trying it out at home. I've since tried the non-pro Nuance and found it didn't work for me -- so I'm back to the Nuance Pro. The frame on the Nuance Pro does a better job of holding the pillow in place for me.

One of these days soon, I'll be trying the P10 again now that I have more knowledge and experience with the therapy.

As always, your mileage may vary ...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.