Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bi-pap
bi-pap
Hi,I am not seeing bi-pap stuff .I just joined ,maybe I didn;t look enough. So Is this only for cpap ? I want to know how to to turn down my bi-pap pressure . It was on 18 ,it was suppose to be turned down but I am questioning that now.Thanks. ps, I have a resmed s9 bi-pap
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bi-pap
Which s9 bi-pap?
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2016, 07:51 AM)jerbear Wrote: Hi,I am not seeing bi-pap stuff .I just joined ,maybe I didn;t look enough. So Is this only for cpap ? I want to know how to to turn down my bi-pap pressure . It was on 18 ,it was suppose to be turned down but I am questioning that now.Thanks. ps, I have a resmed s9 bi-pap

Hi jerbear,
Welcome to Apnea Board.

Here is a link to order the Clinicians Manual for your machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

You will need to list the exact name, model of your bipap.
With this manual, you will be able to adjust pressure settings and more.

It also would be a good idea to download the Sleepyhead software so you can see what's going on with your therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 bilevel machines are VPAP S, VPAP ST, and the VPAP Auto. The clinician's manual is combined into one for all the VPAP machines.
Entry into the clinician menu is done by holding down the rotating knob simultaneously with the the button that has two check mark symbols.

Depending upon which VPAP you have, and which mode it is set to run in, there are either 2 or 3 pressures.
jerbear: You may wish to post your present settings for mode, pressure and which VPAP you have before you make any changes.

Then, tell us your plan. Else you may get off course and not be able to get back.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
We have members that use and discuss all the variations of bilevel therapy. I use and auto bilevel, as do many folks here, and we frequently have complex and central apnea patients with ASV and ST machine questions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jerbear, welcome to Apnea Board.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.