Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bipap pressure relief vs epr
RE: bipap pressure relief vs epr
(10-02-2014, 07:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: Stop resisting, try a nasal pillow mask, it could change your whole life. You know that MIO commercial where they say "it changes everything" the P10 is like that, give it a try NOW!

Ok I'll order a 30 day trial asap.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
It certainly will not hurt to try the nasal pillows. Good idea to be ready with something to use as a chin strap with your nasal pillows just in case. There have been several people on the forum who have jury rigged chin straps with good results.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 03:20 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 02:47 PM)PaytonA Wrote: There are also a several other parameters on the VPAP that can adjust the timing and sensitivity of the pressure transitions as well as the rapidity with which the pressure rises from EPAP to IPAP.
Can you tell me where these are? In ASV mode or ASV auto mode only? I have the clinical manual, but didn't notice this.

These are in the clinical settings along with the pressure settings. I am not sure if they are in the settings or advanced settings area.

I am not familiar with the ASV settings but if it is a VPAP I would expect them to be available. The settings are Ti(min) and Ti(max), Trigger and Cycle, and Rise Time. The Ti(min) and Ti(max) set the minimum and maximum time spent in IPAP. The Trigger and Cycle set the sensitivity of the machine to the beginning of inspiration and to the beginning of expiration. The Rise Time sets the time it takes to go from EPAP to IPAP approximately in milliseconds.

I do not recommend adjusting them until you are very familiar with the machine and have thought them through exhaustively.

(10-02-2014, 03:20 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 02:47 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The S9 VPAPs have a feature called "easy breathe" that presets the rise time and possibly some other parameters to make the pressure transitions gentler.

Didn't notice where this feature was either. I'm running in ASV mode, but might switch myself to ASV auto mode if I can't get my settings right.

I have just become aware that the "easy breathe" feature is only available on the VPAP S or the VPAP Auto operating in S mode according to the clinical manual.

Again I am not sure about the above parameters in a VPAP ASV machine. I was not even thinking of ASVs when I wrote that previously. The VPAP Auto, VPAP S, and VPAP ST machines do have these adjustable parameters to control the transition from EPAP to IPAP

Correction! In looking over the Clinician's manual for the VPAP Adapt, it apparently does not have the adjustable parameters for Ti, Trigger, Cycle, and Rise Time that the VPAP S and VPAP Auto have. That surprised me. Sorry about the misleading information.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 08:35 PM)readyforsleep Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 07:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: Stop resisting, try a nasal pillow mask, it could change your whole life. You know that MIO commercial where they say "it changes everything" the P10 is like that, give it a try NOW!

Ok I'll order a 30 day trial asap.

Perfect, let us know how it works out for you. I hope it helps.

(10-02-2014, 09:10 PM)PaytonA Wrote: It certainly will not hurt to try the nasal pillows. Good idea to be ready with something to use as a chin strap with your nasal pillows just in case. There have been several people on the forum who have jury rigged chin straps with good results.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Hey PaytonA tell us about that mypillow thing I'm dying to hear your experience with it.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 929 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  UARS, bipap pressure, I or E Wcsleep 3 436 01-12-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Newbie here - do I need higher pressure or BIPAP? her.suit 0 295 12-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.