Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] mask wipes
RE: mask wipes
I only use a mask wipe if I'm really pressed for time. I main use the ResMed Quattro FX full face mask and mainly remove the cushion. Fill my bath sink about 1/4 way with a squirt of Dawn.  I rub it around to remove face oils and leave it aosking in the sink whiile I take a shower then take it out, rinse it off and set it on a towel to dry.  When I get homw I put it back on and I'm ready for the night.  One thing I got into the habit was washing my face with soap and water bfore putting on the mask.  I get a new cushion (per insurance) once a month.  I can easily make a cushion last 2-3 months if I am diligent in cleaning.  When I remove the cushion in the AM it is a hazy color due to facial oils but after cleaning it, it returns to its cear color again. I use the Citru CPAP Mask wipes and I can cut one in have to wipe down the plastic interface and a can of wipes lasts many months.  I've tried baby wipes but it doesn't seem to remove the facila oils as good as A. soap and water or B. A half of a Citrus wipe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure I would use your sink if I was you...there are likely tons of bacteria on there due to all the saliva and hand washing no matter how often you clean it. I use a completely separate small bucket to do my weekly cleaning of everything but when I clean the nose piece in the mornings I just hold it in my hands and rinse under the tap using a good amount of hand soap in the process but I never let it touch the sink.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take the mask in the shower with me and wash it with a drop of dish soap. I have some hanging racks in & out of my shower, so I hang the cushions, etc. on those.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CPAP Wipes Effectively Eliminate Bacteria and Germs? dharma2255 2 73 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,626 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,287 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,861 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,263 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Questions Therapy Thread/Mask Leaks/Wipes newguy99 3 755 05-10-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Are Wipes Containing cetylpyridinium chloride OK to Use? anderson5420 9 1,120 05-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Last Post: newguy99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.