Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

boondocking
boondocking
What do I need to connect my ResMed Air 10 to (2) 12 volt batteries that are connected in series to achieve the 24 volts?  I plan on getting a small generator to recharge the deep cycle batteries and do not want to run it any longer then needed to recharge.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: boondocking
I wish I could help you, but I am responding to help me keep track of this thread!
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a teardrop with a 12 volt deep cycle that is set to power the system. Her Resmed has a DC power supply and she does not use the humidifier when boondocking. This supply plugs into a standard cigarette lighter. the nice part of the resmed is that the plug has a power switch so the machine can be turned off so not to draw all day. We also have a Renogy 100 watt solar suitcase and set it up each day to recharge as far as we can. We have done 2 night stretches and not had any issues.

Next week we are going to be gone for a week, but pulling the trailer ever few days which will also recharge it. Only difference is 2 weeks ago I got my machine and will be using both. we are not sure how that will work, but will bring a travel battery that we used before the trailer to be sure that we have power.

I got the power pack and it states it is for 12/24 volt. The other thing I needed was a side panel for the A10. My wifes travel machine is a S9.

Hope some of this helps and I will be interested to hear of from others as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this thread. It's one of the longest ones ever posted.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ery+backup
After you finish, we'll give you the E.I.T. exam.

Bottom line, two 24V in series doesn't work with the ResMed 10 series without their converter or a bunch of additional circuitry to satisfy the 3rd conductor in the power socket.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Farrier2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
After a lot of reading I broke down and ordered the "DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense" that works on a 12v system. It seems the converter sends a signal to the unit that "tells" it to function on 12v. If anyone is interested I will update with what we end up with for battery/batteries, generator and how well it works for boondocking.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.