Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread
Are these real CAs?
My AHI is quite high according to OSCAR (> 5 most nights) and most of this comes down to CA events. I'm not sure if these are legitimate events or not. Can anyone review and assist?

Full screenshot of OSCAR

I didn't have any CAs on my sleep study (1 night). I've only had these appear since being on CPAP

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are these real CAs?
The AirSense uses a 4 Hz pressure modulation to see if your airway is open or not. The more airflow the apap senses when your airflow ceases, without a hypopnea, the more likely that they are Central Apneas. These are most likely centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I bump up my pressure?
I feel like I'm on the verge of having my settings spot on, but I'm wondering if I should try a higher pressure to try and clear out the remainder of these events?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I bump up my pressure?
I don't believe any pressure increase will help.  In fact, since your events are CAs, increasing the pressure is likely to make them worse. Have you tried lowering your pressure until you start to see OAs appearing?

I went back and looked at all the threads you have and noticed they all relate to your therapy.  We prefer that you keep all posts relating in one thread.  This makes it easier to see your history.  For this reason, I am merging all of them into one thread.  I will rename it,  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread. Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 470 4 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,024 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,830 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 82 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 232 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 271 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 1,015 04-24-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.