Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10
Humidifier: PR system one
CPAP Pressure: 9-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

breathing not detected.
Last night I had about 8 hours where breathing was not detected even though all the graphs look like they always do. I am using sleepyhead 1.0.0-beta-1. Any comments would be welcome, just curious about why.

Thanks, Brad
06-19-2016 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

RE: breathing not detected.
(06-19-2016 05:07 PM)car54 Wrote:  Last night I had about 8 hours where breathing was not detected even though all the graphs look like they always do. I am using sleepyhead 1.0.0-beta-1. Any comments would be welcome, just curious about why.

Thanks, Brad

If you are talking about the item on the Details section in the Daily Sidebar, it will show 0.00% percent if breathing was detected by the machine. If breathing was not detected by the machine, the percentage of the time you were on your machine that no breathing was detected will be displayed. In other words, 0.00 is good. Anything else not so much.

By the way. Love your username!

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 06:33 PM by pupcamper.)
06-19-2016 06:30 PM
car54 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Model 560P
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10
Humidifier: PR system one
CPAP Pressure: 9-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

That makes sense but it showed that breathing was not detected for 95% but all the graphs look normal. I am just trying to figure out how that happens. It has done it before.

Car54- I was in a race car(#54) going for a track record when I spun out and ended up in the brush where the track workers could not see me. The radioed in Car54 where are you
06-19-2016 06:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Interesting. It is displaying a negative number. I haven't seen a number in that section before and really don't think it should be negative. It looks like you have discovered a bug. I checked the link in the SleepyHead help section for reporting bugs and Mark's website is still having security certificate issues. I don't know of any other links to make the report. Maybe someone will come along who does know.

In the meantime, you can go to the Events sections in the Sleepy Head preferences and uncheck Breathing Not Detected in the CPAP Events section. That should remove references to Breathing Not Detected in the Daily Sidebar as well as the Event Flags chart and the Flow Rate chart.

I thought your username might be referencing the old TV show Car 54 Where Are You.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
06-19-2016 07:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need opinions about breathing waveforms - REM sleep? awake? don't know? green wings 9 156 Today 01:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Classic example of Sleep-Wake-Junk breathing robysue 4 250 12-06-2016 09:51 PM
Last Post: richb
  Soft cervical collar: a tip for mouth breathing and chin tucking Visitor 44 3,703 12-06-2016 11:43 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 11 514 11-29-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 31 1,067 11-15-2016 08:25 PM
Last Post: chill
  Not mouth breathing but air leaking between lips Roy289 20 685 11-11-2016 07:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chinstrap doesn't prevent mouth breathing, how to solve? Snurkel 21 2,103 10-03-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post: Roy289