Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 too tight - What to do?
RE: P10 too tight - What to do?
There are two different types of Airfit P10 head gear, Blue head band  is for larger heads and pink is for smaller heads. If you want the adjustable head gear
in blue (Resmed part # 64216) I have been using this band for 6 months now and even with the band stretched it will still work well.
You can still shrink the adjustable P10 head band by boiling some water and placing the stretch head band in a cup and have fork hold it down and pour in the hot water and stir a few times and dump. Have the cold water tap running and quickly fill up with to quench the band and let it air dry for your evening sleep.
If you are getting a sore nose there are products for that also.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2021, 11:48 AM)Canuck 2 Wrote: There are two different types of Airfit P10 head gear, Blue head band  is for larger heads and pink is for smaller heads. If you want the adjustable head gear
in blue (Resmed part # 64216) I have been using this band for 6 months now and even with the band stretched it will still work well.
You can still shrink the adjustable P10 head band by boiling some water and placing the stretch head band in a cup and have fork hold it down and pour in the hot water and stir a few times and dump. Have the cold water tap running and quickly fill up with to quench the band and let it air dry for your evening sleep.

Thanks, right now my problem is that the headgear is a bit too tight. Is the adjustable one (when at its largest) less tight than the regular headgear?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2021, 12:30 PM)Benzi Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 11:48 AM)Canuck 2 Wrote: There are two different types of Airfit P10 head gear, Blue head band  is for larger heads and pink is for smaller heads. If you want the adjustable head gear

Thanks, right now my problem is that the headgear is a bit too tight. Is the adjustable one (when at its largest) less tight than the regular headgear?

The adjustable head gear is the same size as the regular blue because I measured it prior. All I can suggest is find something close to your head size( A little smaller)and wrap it around it for a few days to stretch it.
Post Reply Post Reply
How to fix a too tight p10 headgear strap: With the headgear on, mark where the interior plastic strut ends on the stretch fabric. Then remove the fabric from the headgear, and stitch across the band a quarter inch closer to the end of each strap. This "pre-stretches" the band for the length of the struts, leaving more fabric free to stretch around the back of your head.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New mask but chest still tight and flow limitations Summer 5 721 09-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Summer
  Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight. Phil7 2 631 09-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Last Post: clownbell
  Tightness of cervical collar and effectiveness? How tight should it be? CorruptAlligator 1 698 06-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Can a mask be TOO tight? Chalkie 10 1,586 12-24-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Dave W
  Soft collar: How tight? drmaestro 9 1,486 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Aludj
  Dental appliance new user here ... is it always so tight? Zandor435 6 1,315 01-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Chin straps - how tight? Davidacarrick 6 2,674 12-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.