Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

btbderek’s therapy thread
btbderek’s therapy thread
Hey everyone, I’m new here. Diagnosed with OSA with an AHI of 102 back in September. Got a Resmed Airsense Autoset 10 right away with a Resmed F30 full face hybrid mask. Started getting the hang of things by the end of the first month, then fell off the next couple months. Doctor ripped me a new one at that next visit and tried to do better. Caught the Flu and a bad cold back to back which hindered most progress for November. Been consistent this month as far as using my machine, but trying to work out the kinks. Seem to slowly be getting there but still hitting a wall, usually only get about 3 hours of sleep before taking my mask off in my sleep or waking up. Working through bad sleep habits, usually fall back asleep with the mask off after waking up so trying to break that habit. Also working on sleep position trying to help flow limitations, usually a back sleeper but trying to sleep on my side. So far the data seems slightly worse than before, but I need a few more nights to gather data before I can say for sure. Also have a soft cervical collar on the way to try to help with that. Will probably post some OSCAR charts soon to seek advice. Hoping with time I can get longer nights sleep with the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here! Trying to figure out this whole CPAP therapy thing
btbderek, Welcome to Apnea Board!

Posting screenshots of your OSCAR charts would be a big help.  For Windows use F12, Mac Fn + F12, or from the menu bar View > Take Screenshot.

There are also links in my signature on how to organize your charts, and how to get them in a forum post.

Our Wiki also has a great deal of information: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: attachment.php?aid=46616]Thanks Jeff, here’s my OSCAR chart from last night. I actually managed to get about 5 and a half hours of sleep in one go, something I haven’t managed to do in a long time. Slept on my side again. Feel very well rested, but lower back is a bit sore which is unusual, wondering if my body was busy/turning a lot in my sleep to cause that. 

Doing this from my phone, I think I have posted the OSCAR chart correctly, if not please let me know. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anyway for me to edit the title of this thread? Not seeing edit button for original post. Was just going to change it to btbderek’s therapy thread as I saw others doing this and it being suggested in one of the stickied threads. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: btbderek’s therapy thread
Thread name change done! Merry Christmas!!!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson! Merry Christmas!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, btbderek  I'm not seeing the chart.  Here's a link to the OSCAR Help Wiki, which has a section on chart organization and how to post screenshots:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

Wishing you all the best for 2023!
Post Reply Post Reply

Lucid, does it look like it come through on your end this time? My chart for Dec 25th should be right above this text.

Funny enough, the chart I posted into the reply to Jeff still shows up for me on my phone and laptop. and Thank you very much! Hope you have a great upcoming new year too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's set your min to closer to your therapeutic pressure. Hopefully that will better control your flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice Gideon! I will get that adjusted and come back with data. Going to start off with a smaller increase and work my way up, set to 10.0 figure I will give it a couple nights then bump up to 12, and so on. Just now got used to not using a ramp, so I figured I’d ease into it slightly to make sure I can get to sleep with each increase of pressure. If that approach doesn’t seem like the right way to tackle it, please let me know. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,344 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.