Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken cpap machine AGAIN - what to do
RE: Broken cpap machine AGAIN - what to do
I actually took it to another doctor and he confirmed its okay. Apparently there is something called EPR which sets the pressure lower. So my first dme said machine is broken since pressure was lower than what was set. The other doctor called resmed and worked with them and said machine is not bad.
I am hoping the other doctor's technician knows what he is doing !
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 12:18 AM)roym Wrote: I actually took it to another doctor and he confirmed its okay. Apparently there is something called EPR which sets the pressure lower. So my first dme said machine is broken since pressure was lower than what was set. The other doctor called resmed and worked with them and said machine is not bad.
I am hoping the other doctor's technician knows what he is doing !
If the DME did pressure test with a manometer and found the machine not delivering what suppose to deliver than the machine is faulty ... period. ResMed should replace the machine with no questions asked even its out of the warranty, I expect my machine to last more than 3 years.
They trying to weasel out of their responsibility, EPR stuff is utter nonsense

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's think about this for a minute... Your first DME wanted $400.00 because a pin on the power supply cable was broken. Then, when they didn't get that because you got the power supply cable fixed another way, they determined your machine wasn't working right and you needed to buy a new machine.

Hmmm, I think I know your DME.. Aren't they the ones that share an office with a used car company?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 01:22 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Let's think about this for a minute... Your first DME wanted $400.00 because a pin on the power supply cable was broken. Then, when they didn't get that because you got the power supply cable fixed another way, they determined your machine wasn't working right and you needed to buy a new machine.

Hmmm, I think I know your DME.. Aren't they the ones that share an office with a used car company?

None of the dme around me even know what a manometer is let alone know how to use one , but they sure do know how to sell you a new machine . I love the guy that has a quote on here [ If the dme tells you its dark outside , go check . ] For the most part the dme cpap industry is all about making Big money selling a $500 machine for $2000. - $3000 for a brick ..I'm sorry I have No trust with dme's , They keep proving this to us .. Gota Love our online Suppliers on this site . you know there not giving machines away , but there also not ripping us off either
Hammer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Roym, just as an FYI on this, I was just flipping through the different suppliers listed in our Supplier Listing to try and remember where I had purchased the last hose I bought. Never did find that, but along the way I found power cords for all the usual popular machines, ResMed, PR, all those. The prices varied based on the company and to a smaller extent the machine, but I was seeing replacement power cords (including the transformer) for anywhere from $59.00 to $159.00. I don't get how that guy was going to charge you $400! Now in all fairness, I did see a cord for a Bi-PAP that was more expensive, but according to your profile you are not running a Bi-PAP so I really don't get it! If it were me, I would find a different DME or at least a different technician in that shop. At the very least shop around for cords, go back to him and let him know you are on to him so that he quits trying to rip you off! Just my thoughts!
Good luck,
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,059 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 218 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 399 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 832 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.