Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

buy this for a backup?
buy this for a backup?
After I acquire and use an auto could program this and keep for backup? Looks like about 5-6 mo use.

"Model # 36003 ResMed S9 Elite, with Resmed H5i Humidifier $300 1100 hours on it. It is smoke free."
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: buy this for a backup?
Hi Mark,
The S9 Elite is a fix-pressure CPAP machine, not an auto, it's got quite a few hours on it.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 09:34 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: After I acquire and use an auto could program this and keep for backup? Looks like about 5-6 mo use.

"Model # 36003 ResMed S9 Elite, with Resmed H5i Humidifier $300 1100 hours on it. It is smoke free."

you would be better off looking at Supplier #2 that has a gently used one for a little more money, less hours on it and a 6 month warranty just my opinion

I have never looked on craigslist for cpap, etc. but I just did and I could not believe the following:

CPAP-RESMED S8 ESCAPE II W/ HEATED HUMIDIFIER-GREAT SHAPE-USED - SALE - $350 claiming there are only 150 hours on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little high $$ for that one. I'd offer $200 if you can deal with a fixed pressure unit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 09:34 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: After I acquire and use an auto could program this and keep for backup? Looks like about 5-6 mo use.

It's a fine manual CPAP. The price is a bit high for a manual. $200 tops, unless you're in a bind.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a question for the more experienced… if you buy a backup of the same brand and model, can you just move your data card to the backup machine if the primary fails? …or is the data card's data tied to a machine serial number?
Post Reply Post Reply
Price seems high for that unit. If I had an interest, I might hazard $150-175 for it.

It is a good machine - if you can deal with a straight CPAP. To me, straight CPAP is not a problem on an occasional basis but to some it can be. Eleven hundred hours is not a lot of use - about four and a half months at 8 hours a night. So I would expect it probably has about 90-95% of life left if you figure a strict 5 year service life.

Note that a listed supplier, a supplier who I won't name, but whose number is greater than one, and whose number is less than three, has some factory new in box or factory new open box full auto units for marginally more than $375; straight CPAPs for around $300. Full factory warranties: two years (Resmed-second release of older model-but still very good for your intended use) or five years (DeVillbiss-current model) depending on which machine you choose. And exceptional customer service.

That is 1<supplier number<3 or 3>supplier number>1. All numbers are integers.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems a bit high for me, definitely check Supplier #2. I can't remember did you get your prescription or no? Because that could pose a problem for using Supplier #2
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, look at it this way. 1100 hours (is that machine hours or user hours?) at an average of 8 hours a night is about 137 nights which is 19 weeks.

For a used machine on what is basically the black market, yeah, it's a little high. Not bad but up there.

But getting a backup machine is just wasting energy and money. You don't know what kind of machine you will need to begin with.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,337 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 570 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,230 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,681 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  I need a good backup full face backup mask TimtheEnchanter 3 545 06-24-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TimtheEnchanter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.