Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy with concerns
RE: New guy with concerns
(12-06-2015, 01:19 PM)DRuben Wrote: I greatly appreciate all of the helpful information and suggestions. By the end of next week I should be purchasing a health insurance plan. I also should have added that I have epilepsy but im taking Depakote 500mg twice a day and I havent had an episode in years (before i was taking it). I did a sleep study a few months ago but it was for my epilepsy and im guessing either she didnt notice or i didnt stop breathing during it because everything came back normal

If you have a copy of that sleep study report (always good to have), you can post it here (white out i.d.) and we'll be able to see if there are indications of sleep apnea or if it was even being assessed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #30 offers an "Easy Apnea Test Package" for $400 that provides a home test, physician evaluation, diagnosis and if indicated, prescription for CPAP. That is among the least expensive ways I know of to get what you need. Even with insurance, you will have deductible and copays that might cost more than just doing this yourself through online suppliers, and the process to have a study approved, then approvals for equipment are a huge hassle and take a long time.

If you're serious about getting this done, the fastest and least expensive path is something like this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 08:07 AM)DRuben Wrote: . . . . Im 23 years old . . . . I dont feel sleepy or groggy all the time, im always energetic.

You wait until you're 53, that will all change if you do not get it sorted, kids!

Well done you for not ignoring the symptoms and I hope you get some sort of resolution.

Hope you are feeling better soon, I hate colds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 366 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [Treatment] A few concerns about Clear Airway/Leak Rates/Flow Limits jlsmithseven 1 538 01-23-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: jlsmithseven
  [split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns narual 4 808 11-20-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  New to CPAP, Some Questions/Concerns CPAPrincess 20 1,954 04-28-2022, 08:56 PM
Last Post: CPAPrincess
  Concerns of Diagnosis After 1 Week crashbandicoot 0 532 04-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: crashbandicoot
  Concerns about new AirCurve 10 ASV lostie42 17 4,249 10-29-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.