Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

camping succes!
camping succes!
I am tent camping for the summer and want to do some boondocking in the Shawnee National Forest. Being disabled and on an extremely limited budget I was not sure how well it would work. I have been tenting from early April. 3 weeks ago I received my HQST 100 Watt  suitcase solar panel and bought a deep cycle battery. I could not be more pleased!!!! The cpap machine and a 12 volt duel fan ran all night drops my battery 10%. I am finally free of crowded high priced electrical campgrounds.  
like like

The panel and the battery were both around 200 each. So for the price of a "cpap battery pack" I have a system that is usable for multiple days rather then just one night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: camping succes!
Congrats, happy you are having fun camping, I also did a successful week of wilderness camping recently with CPAP. Good to have a system you have confidence in.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Farrier2,
It’s good to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy and that you have found a battery setup that works for you.
Enjoy Camping.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to see others are finding alternative options rather than shelling out big money for the commercially made units.

I made a battery pack that is compact enough to carry on my motorcycle, and can also be recharged from a 12v power socket on the bike as well, and the battery will give me three nights between recharges as well.

My next challenge is to set up a solar panel system for the times when I'm staying put for a few days in one spot.
I'm thinking of setting up 4 smaller panels rather than using one big one, I can pack them better on the bike, and "gang" them together to get enough amperage out of the set up.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be great to hear specifics about your setup. I assume you are using a Resmed DC/DC adapter with this system. Are you using AGM or other lead acid chemistry? What brand and capacity?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Hello, I am looking at a powerpack battery combination to power an Airsense 10 For Her while camping and traveling.

I found this product manufactured by a US company: Bix Power, its the bat-cp170-s10. Its describe as a 159 Watt-hour (Wh) super high capacity rechargeable battery for Laptop computer and for the Resmed Airsense 10. According to the company, it provides 2 to 3 - 8 hrs night before recharging. It comes with a 24v resmed converter, a AC charger, DC charger and more.... the battery is a Samsung Li-ion. Anyone has used this equipment? It's priced at $249 US. See description below:

"The package comes with a BiXPower AP170 super high capacity (159 Wh) lithium ion rechargeable battery pack that can provide 15V or 19V DC power for laptop notebook computers and a 24V DC converter specially designed for ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP machine. It may add 6 ~ 10 hours extra running time for most laptop/notebook computers, 15 ~ 30 hours extra running time for most ultra-books & tablets. It may power ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP machine 2 ~ 3 nights with the humidifier turned off.

This battery has 159 Watt-Hour rated capacity while most laptop internal batteries only have around 40 - 60 Watt-hour capacity. If we rate this battery capacity like many other brand external batteries on market, this battery capacity is 44000mAh. We suggest using "Watt-hour" instead of "Amp-hour" to compare capacities of different batteries. Watt-hour or Wh, is a more accurate unit to show the power capacity than Amp-. Hour (Ah).

Made with high quality Samsung Li-ion battery cells. Compatible with many devices that need 15V, 16V, 16.5V, 18V, 18.5V, 19V, 19.5V or 20V DC power such as many laptop notebook netbook tablet computers. 24V DC converter specially designed for ResMed CPAP Machine can convert the battery output voltage to 24V DC power. 5V USB port may power many small devices such as smart phones, tablets. "

Compact size can easily fit into a laptop/notebook carry bag. Comes with AC charger and Car charger. AC charger can charge the battery from 100V ~ 240V AC power outlets from home & office. Car charger can charge the battery from a car cigarette lighter socket. Can accept wide range input charging voltage ( 12V ~ 19V). You can use the battery while it is charging. Advanced circuits inside provide many safety protections.

12 popular interchangeable connectors (may change from time to time without notice) including connectors for many popular laptop computers.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like an excellent package for $249 on Amazon, and it comes with all the adapters needed to run the Resmed machines, and charge using AC or DC sources. It is a higher output than the PowerAdd Pilot, which still needs the Resmed adapter. It looks like the DC adapter is not a Resmed brand, but as long as they got the right design, should not matter. For a turnkey package with a lot of reserve, it looks very good to me. The BixPower has a rating of 44,000 mAh vs the Poweradd at 32000. This does not have a 12-volt output so not for Philips machines. Specifications indicate it is made with Samsung Li-Ion cells. Most other batteries don't specify what is used internally. The battery is too large to be legal on U.S. flights.

BiXPower Super High Capacity (159 Watt-hour) Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery for Laptop Computers and ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine CP170-S10
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider!
Now I just found that Amazone US won't ship this package to Canada and it's not available on amazone in Canada . The only other dealer I found is the company itself which is located in California. But the shipping price is way over at $149 US to my location. Will have to go back to plan B and use a deep cycle battery.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other option would be to find a current bush..  "Long Story"

...  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
It will have to be a mature bush, else you won't get the voltage you need.

Ducks and runs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 623 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 571 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,627 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Dry Camping with CPAP ApneaticBill 2 787 06-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 877 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Small camping CPAP + battery system recommendations Greg_R 0 1,008 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Greg_R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.