Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can anyone help
Question 
can anyone help
Oh-jeez :?: When ever I use my EasyLife Nasal CPAP mask during the night my results of AHI are in the range of 1,3 to 1.8 while when I use my Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask which is mor comfortable the results of the AHI are in the range 3.6 to 5.5. With the change of the mask I change the mask resistance on the machine ( X1 or X2) as prescribed for the type of the mask. I can not understand the the reason of the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can anyone help
(01-25-2015, 05:30 AM)tozijab Wrote: Oh-jeez :?: When ever I use my EasyLife Nasal CPAP mask during the night my results of AHI are in the range of 1,3 to 1.8 while when I use my Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask which is mor comfortable the results of the AHI are in the range 3.6 to 5.5. With the change of the mask I change the mask resistance on the machine ( X1 or X2) as prescribed for the type of the mask. I can not understand the the reason of the difference.

if you wonder the the Nuance Pro seals perfectly. Leaks are almost null.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and welcome tozijab.

Two points - high leaks can cause the machine to not detects OA's, and I hope you are using one or the other mask for enough nights to get a reasonable average.

I find chopping and changing is in itself disruptive. When I was trying various masks before settling on the one I use now I ran each one for at least a week - and sometimes two weeks to establish a proper pattern before changing. Swapping night by night really causes chaos for me.

cheers

David

- oh and a third thought - 3.6 to 5.5 is not a really bad result. My Dr says he likes to see it below 5 but the main test is how I am sleeping.

- and a another - that would make 4 thoughts - I really must plan my replies better - when you say zero leaks, I assume you mean that there are no leaks greater than the built-in or calibrated leak for the mask showing on sleepyhead downloaded data?

Its obvious my brain is not functioning - its after midnight here so I'm off to bed..
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2015, 05:30 AM)tozijab Wrote: Oh-jeez :?: When ever I use my EasyLife Nasal CPAP mask during the night my results of AHI are in the range of 1,3 to 1.8 while when I use my Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask which is mor comfortable the results of the AHI are in the range 3.6 to 5.5. With the change of the mask I change the mask resistance on the machine ( X1 or X2) as prescribed for the type of the mask. I can not understand the the reason of the difference.

What does Sleepyhead show in the leak and flow graphs for each mask?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tozijab,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you in finding a mask that works for you, and with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2015, 09:32 AM)sgearhart Wrote:

What does Sleepyhead show in the leak and flow graphs for each mask?
Thank you for asking Sgearhart,
the leaks are more or leas the same. For example the leaks with EasyLife were avg. 1.2; 95% of the leak 9.0 and max. 11.0 while the evening with Nuance Pro: avg. 1.6 95%of the leaks 7.0 and max. leaks 8.0. And the graphs adequately are same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2015, 09:21 AM)Moriarty Wrote: Hi and welcome tozijab.

Two points - high leaks can cause the machine to not detects OA's, and I hope you are using one or the other mask for enough nights to get a reasonable average.

I find chopping and changing is in itself disruptive. When I was trying various masks before settling on the one I use now I ran each one for at least a week - and sometimes two weeks to establish a proper pattern before changing. Swapping night by night really causes chaos for me.

cheers

David

- oh and a third thought - 3.6 to 5.5 is not a really bad result. My Dr says he likes to see it below 5 but the main test is how I am sleeping.

- and a another - that would make 4 thoughts - I really must plan my replies better - when you say zero leaks, I assume you mean that there are no leaks greater than the built-in or calibrated leak for the mask showing on sleepyhead downloaded data?

Its obvious my brain is not functioning - its after midnight here so I'm off to bed..

Hi David
Maybe you are right. I do not use one of the masks for enough nights. Most of the time I use EasyLife mask while once in a while for one or two nights I use Nuance Pro Mask. When I see the results above 5 next night I change the mask. I will try to use it for one to two weeks to see the difference.
- with both masks i sleep very well. In the mornings I am very fresh.
thanks for the response
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.