Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can resscan read cards from two machines
can resscan read cards from two machines
Can rescan read 2 cards from two S9s and combine data?

I just got a new s9 -Medicare 5 year replacement - yeah I asked for that instead of s10 - I have to be in the hospital for a few nights and I do not want to take the new machine. I want to take the old.

Can I get rescan to read cards from both so I keep my compliance at 100?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can resscan read cards from two machines
I've never tried that. I suspect not as the cards bear the machine's serial number.
You could try it; but I would backup the present ResScan data.
In windows 7, copy folder: "%PUBLIC%\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Mongo, Just" to a safe place. "Mongo, Just" is the the patient name used to create the profile.

There's a risk you assume as this has not been proven to work.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it will take more than one machine - my copy still has the data from my old AutoSet as well as my current VPAP Adapt. As Mongo said, it would be a good idea to backup your data before introducing the card from the new machine.

An alternative approach is to create a new patient profile for the second machine. ResScan is really set up for clinic use and can easily handle multiple patient profiles.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2016, 10:25 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, it will take more than one machine - my copy still has the data from my old AutoSet as well as my current VPAP Adapt. As Mongo said, it would be a good idea to backup your data before introducing the card from the new machine.

An alternative approach is to create a new patient profile for the second machine. ResScan is really set up for clinic use and can easily handle multiple patient profiles.

I am aware rescan can handle multiple patients. I want to know if it can merge data from 2 cards from 2 different s9s.

I will have to start Medicare compliance all over again with the new machine. However I need to spend 2 nights in a hospital next week when I want to take my old machine - not the new one.

So I would wish to combine data for a continuous stream.

One DME says I don't think so. A sleep CNP says yes. The DME is going to have to do the report. I back of the cards monthly to another card and a computer and use rescan.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify, I have data from two different S9s in the one patient profile. In my case there is a gap between the machines (I tried a Respironics for a short time before going back to Resmed) but the data presents as a continuous stream. I think you'll be OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's it. Thank you. Have a good week.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the past 3 years or so I have used 2 resmed s9 autoset one I use at home usually Sunday through Thursday Night the other Friday - Saturday night reason being on weekends I usually go to a home I have on a lake and did not want to worry about forgetting to take machine. Now my question is I have 2 files one from each machine does anyone know how I could combine these into 1 file I know this can be done because somehow by accident with either rescan or sleepyhead software or possibly windows I did it by accident in 2015 ( I have a third file combined on my computer that shows 7 days a week for 2015) I do not know how I did this. Would like to combine the 2 S9 files since I got a new Airsense last week and it will be taking the place or 1 of my S9 that will be used only for trips. Sorry for all the words for a simple question but never have learned how to keep something short.
Post Reply Post Reply
Figured out how to do it last night I just opened the patient of one of the cards then loaded the other card on top of it and I had one file with all the dates on it instead on 1 file with weekdays and 1 with weekends.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, there is no problem with Rescan reading both cards. I've been doing that for the last 7 or 8 weeks due to traveling to care for family member. I take a different machine. It had no problem with it (nor did Sleepyhead).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 146 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 8 727 03-07-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Mast04
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 320 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 327 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,509 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 646 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.