Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can resscan read cards from two machines
can resscan read cards from two machines
Can rescan read 2 cards from two S9s and combine data?

I just got a new s9 -Medicare 5 year replacement - yeah I asked for that instead of s10 - I have to be in the hospital for a few nights and I do not want to take the new machine. I want to take the old.

Can I get rescan to read cards from both so I keep my compliance at 100?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can resscan read cards from two machines
I've never tried that. I suspect not as the cards bear the machine's serial number.
You could try it; but I would backup the present ResScan data.
In windows 7, copy folder: "%PUBLIC%\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Mongo, Just" to a safe place. "Mongo, Just" is the the patient name used to create the profile.

There's a risk you assume as this has not been proven to work.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it will take more than one machine - my copy still has the data from my old AutoSet as well as my current VPAP Adapt. As Mongo said, it would be a good idea to backup your data before introducing the card from the new machine.

An alternative approach is to create a new patient profile for the second machine. ResScan is really set up for clinic use and can easily handle multiple patient profiles.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2016, 10:25 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, it will take more than one machine - my copy still has the data from my old AutoSet as well as my current VPAP Adapt. As Mongo said, it would be a good idea to backup your data before introducing the card from the new machine.

An alternative approach is to create a new patient profile for the second machine. ResScan is really set up for clinic use and can easily handle multiple patient profiles.

I am aware rescan can handle multiple patients. I want to know if it can merge data from 2 cards from 2 different s9s.

I will have to start Medicare compliance all over again with the new machine. However I need to spend 2 nights in a hospital next week when I want to take my old machine - not the new one.

So I would wish to combine data for a continuous stream.

One DME says I don't think so. A sleep CNP says yes. The DME is going to have to do the report. I back of the cards monthly to another card and a computer and use rescan.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify, I have data from two different S9s in the one patient profile. In my case there is a gap between the machines (I tried a Respironics for a short time before going back to Resmed) but the data presents as a continuous stream. I think you'll be OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's it. Thank you. Have a good week.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the past 3 years or so I have used 2 resmed s9 autoset one I use at home usually Sunday through Thursday Night the other Friday - Saturday night reason being on weekends I usually go to a home I have on a lake and did not want to worry about forgetting to take machine. Now my question is I have 2 files one from each machine does anyone know how I could combine these into 1 file I know this can be done because somehow by accident with either rescan or sleepyhead software or possibly windows I did it by accident in 2015 ( I have a third file combined on my computer that shows 7 days a week for 2015) I do not know how I did this. Would like to combine the 2 S9 files since I got a new Airsense last week and it will be taking the place or 1 of my S9 that will be used only for trips. Sorry for all the words for a simple question but never have learned how to keep something short.
Post Reply Post Reply
Figured out how to do it last night I just opened the patient of one of the cards then loaded the other card on top of it and I had one file with all the dates on it instead on 1 file with weekdays and 1 with weekends.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, there is no problem with Rescan reading both cards. I've been doing that for the last 7 or 8 weeks due to traveling to care for family member. I take a different machine. It had no problem with it (nor did Sleepyhead).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.