Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can't breathe well toward end of night
RE: can't breathe well toward end of night
Thanks for explaining that, Sleeprider. I've been wondering about it.

I'm also wondering how the different Flexes work. But maybe that's for another thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the explanation, Sleeprider. It's not too much info, though. I like to know all I can about something that can greatly affect my short- and long-term health and well-being. I absolutely do not believe that doctors can be counted on to tell you everything you may need and want to know. Not really their fault, I guess, because they have a lot of patients to see, and many of those patients do not want to know anything about what's happening to them, unfortunately.

I changed the settings on my machine last night and didn't sleep particularly well. One of my big issues, it seems, is the hyperventilation business. My right nostril is pretty occluded most of the time, even with nasal sprays, and that makes it harder to get a full breath. I also am thinking that the nasal pillow goes just enough inside the nostril to block it even more. I have a Dreamwear mask and I'm going to give that a shot tonight to see if it helps.

In addition to the apnea and the cpap, of course, there are other issues which interfere with sleep, such as getting too hot or really thirsty and not sleeping well because of those things.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would definitely try moving up to the next larger size pillow if you try the Airfit P10s another night.

That explanation by Sleeprider about EPR was awesome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leemax, if you're not using the large nasal pillow, you haven't experience the P10 yet. Incredible, but even many women move to the large.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 01:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leemax, if you're not using the large nasal pillow, you haven't experience the P10 yet.  Incredible, but even many women move to the large.

Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 01:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leemax, if you're not using the large nasal pillow, you haven't experience the P10 yet.  Incredible, but even many women move to the large.
Lolabove Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

You mean size DOES matter? Cool  Actually, I'm already using the large size (That's what SHE said!) but it still seems to be blocking up that stupid right nostril. I still really like the P10, though, but I'll try the Dreamwear for a few nights and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, just so long as we understand each other. Okay 

Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a woman, I figured when I order the P10 I'd start with a Large and go from there.

Bwahaha.

But really, I have large nostrils.

Anywho... I do love my DreamWear.

Good luck, Leemax!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2017, 02:36 PM)Leemax Wrote: Thanks very much to all three of you. I appreciate the information very much and have already changed the settings on my machine. Specifically, I moved the minimum pressure to 6.2 and turned off the ramp.
I appreciate this group very much. Lots of help readily available. The people at my sleep center don't seem all that knowledgeable, to tell the truth. I would hope that my doctor would know all of this, but I've been disappointed in them before, too. (Especially my epileptologist, but that's another story.) In any case, I won't have an appointment with her for almost a month, and this was a problem that really needed to be solved. I imagine there will be others along the way as well.
Thanks again!

I used to have problems coping without ramp but at times, it's also during the transition period in ramp that events happen. Now I can start straight at 8 cmH2O w/o ramp and it clears things up a bit more. So it's good to turn off the ramp unless you are shifting min pressures higher than your usual and have difficulty coping. Btw do update your profile pressure range so it's easier to follow up on future threads. 

Can't get a clearer explanation on the difference between Flex and EPR than what Sleeprider had written! 

Sleep-well
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 265 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,795 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,174 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,025 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP
  Source for anataomy illustration of how we breathe nose only for CPAP? Stom 0 300 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Stom
  Just got my machine - can’t breathe - any suggestions? tigress35 5 991 08-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tigress35
  Waking up and unable to breathe easily stefanwlb 4 823 07-14-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.