Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips AVAPS Mod #1160P Data Printout--HELP!
Philips AVAPS Mod #1160P Data Printout--HELP!
After fooling arround for two and one half years with a Philips BiPAP auto SV Advanced mod #950P, with no change in AHI (25-30)my doctor decided to change to the 1160P AVAPS. Does anyone else have one of these AVAPS machines? I wish he had done it sooner, he is good but very hard to get hold of. His appointment lead time is at least three months. I have several Questions:

1. Is this the latest Philips AVAPS machine? The DME found it in buried in the back store room. It came with nothing, no manual, no disk, etc. When I got it, it had about 5 therapy hours and 240 blower hours on it. I have looked everywhere on the web for a manual, does anyone know where I can get one? The DME just gives me excuses.

2. I have used EncoreBasic and SleepyHead on my 950P, they both worked very well. I have down loaded the latest version of both of these programs. They will not work with the 1160P.

3. I have downloaded EncorePro onto four XP 32 bit computers. (see what an exciting life I have) Every one had the same problems. After startup, and loading EncoreAdmin and password1 they would ask for a new password. I loaded various new passwords, some longer, some the same length, some shorter. Then I would get errors ""Specified Arguement was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name:Max width cannot be less than Min width". After this the program hangs. I tried to delete it with add/remove programs. Then when I tried to load EncorePro again It said it was still in the machine. I deleted all the files with Encore in the file name, tried to load again and it still said it was already in the machine. I have spent at least eighteen hours on this in the last three days, Help!

Thanks for reading all of this.

Regards, Jim G.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips AVAPS Mod #1160P Data Printout--HELP!
Hi jjgereg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with that particular machine, but hang in there, I'm sure someone here on this board knows the ins & outs of it and will be able to help you, soon.
Best of luck to you with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Jim. welcome to Apnea Board.

I'm afraid I can't help a lot, but a bit of judicious Googling came up with the product page at Philips
http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare-pr...ventilator

and the product brochure
http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...vernum%3d1

Looking at the brochure I don't see an 1160P, but there are other 1160 variants. It appears in the fine print that the brochure is dated May 2013. It's interesting to note that this machine is listed as a "ventilator" rather than a "sleep therapy" device.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 10:36 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: It's interesting to note that this machine is listed as a "ventilator" rather than a "sleep therapy" device.

without having read the product pages,I'd guess it's similar to a resmed ST-A, which also is classed as a non-invasive ventilator.

something that's main concern is making sure you get a certain amount of air in your lungs... (there's a long description about iVAPS on the resmed pages.)
Post Reply Post Reply
jjgereg,

Which version of Encore Pro are you trying to install on the XPs? Have you got any computer that's running an operating system that is more recent than XP that is available to you?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2014, 01:32 AM)robysue Wrote: jjgereg,

Which version of Encore Pro are you trying to install on the XPs?

I believe it is V2 (available here)

Have you got any computer that's running an operating system that is more recent than XP that is available to you?

I have a Windows 7 disk. I have not loaded it onto any of my computers yet.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Regards, Jim G.
Post Reply Post Reply
Goodness, is Philips abandoning Encore Basic? It sort of looks that way.

VomitThumbs-down-1Crying-into-tissuecrygreeneeew
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 10:36 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Looking at the brochure I don't see an 1160P, but there are other 1160 variants. It appears in the fine print that the brochure is dated May 2013. It's interesting to note that this machine is listed as a "ventilator" rather than a "sleep therapy" device.

The 1160P is one of the "Series 60" machines, so I would think it is the most recent model.

This PRS1 BiPAP AVAPS (Average Volume Assured Pressure Support) machine can be used both while sleeping and (if needed) while awake, to ensure the patient maintains a target amount of Tidal Volume (Vt). Vt is the volume of air either inhaled or exhaled in each breath.

If the patient's current Vt is too low, the machine will gradually (slowly) increase Pressure Support in order to achieve the targeted amount of Vt. Pressure Support is the amount of pressure increase which the machine produces during inhalation versus during exhalation.

I do not know whether Apnea Board has an up-to-date PRS1 60 Series Clinician Set-up Manual for your machine, but it would be similar to other PRS1 "Series 60" machines regarding what buttons would be pushed to get into the Clinician Set-up Menu, to see exactly what the present settings are.

A google search turned up the suggested setting for the target Vt, which is based on the patient's height and "ideal" (not actual) weight. Also turned up a titration guide.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...ttings.pdf

http://sleepdx.respironics.com/PDF/Titra...otocol.pdf

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2014, 06:12 PM)jjgereg Wrote: After fooling arround for two and one half years with a Philips BiPAP auto SV Advanced mod #950P, with no change in AHI (25-30)my doctor decided to change to the 1160P AVAPS. Does anyone else have one of these AVAPS machines? I wish he had done it sooner, he is good but very hard to get hold of. His appointment lead time is at least three months. I have several Questions:

1. Is this the latest Philips AVAPS machine? The DME found it in buried in the back store room. It came with nothing, no manual, no disk, etc. When I got it, it had about 5 therapy hours and 240 blower hours on it. I have looked everywhere on the web for a manual, does anyone know where I can get one? The DME just gives me excuses.

2. I have used EncoreBasic and SleepyHead on my 950P, they both worked very well. I have down loaded the latest version of both of these programs. They will not work with the 1160P.

3. I have downloaded EncorePro onto four XP 32 bit computers. (see what an exciting life I have) Every one had the same problems. After startup, and loading EncoreAdmin and password1 they would ask for a new password. I loaded various new passwords, some longer, some the same length, some shorter. Then I would get errors ""Specified Arguement was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name:Max width cannot be less than Min width". After this the program hangs. I tried to delete it with add/remove programs. Then when I tried to load EncorePro again It said it was still in the machine. I deleted all the files with Encore in the file name, tried to load again and it still said it was already in the machine. I have spent at least eighteen hours on this in the last three days, Help!

Thanks for reading all of this.

Regards, Jim G.

Jim:

First, the device is not new. Were filters replaced and a new humidifier?

How do you know if the medical device is set to your Rx?

If the DME cannot answer your questions, go the MD, or sleep lab to get the right settings.

I know you want to see your AHI detail, but first, make sure it's set correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,858 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,256 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,404 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.