Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cant get ResMed ResScan 5.9 to recognize Astral 100
cant get ResMed ResScan 5.9 to recognize Astral 100
I'm a first-time user here but I am a unix/linux longtime developer.

I obtained ResScan 5.9 and installed it on Window 7 Pro
I have a ResMed Astral 100 with the following particulars:
Serial Number 22181043236
Software SX544-0601
Product Code 27001
Device Number 158

When the program installs I select the USB driver (without the adapters).

The system recognizes the USB as "Thesycon CDC/ACM-Composite [1234]"

When the Resscan program started it reported the device was not supported without any particulars.
I rebooted and now it reports differently that it doesnt see a device.

Any ideas?

Does ResScan NOT support ResMed's Astral 100?

thanks
oldunixguy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cant get ResMed ResScan 5.9 to recognize Astral 100
Hi rk8bzqlpiwu9ds3vg!  -  Welcome to the forum.

Did you see the big warning on the ResScan page?
Quote:INSTALLATION WARNING:

During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers.  DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

Some users have reported that installing these drivers makes the ResScan program non-functional. If you're not sure what to do, try installing the software without the drivers first to see if the program runs properly without them.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes I did some days ago... But when I ran the installer I thought one of the choices was different from these. I'm not familiar with *any* CPAP or ventilators so I didnt know "stellar" was a model name...

I will uninstall and reinstall without any drivers.....

thanks
oldunixguy
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. I uninstalled the resscan program and the ResMed Ventilator Installer.
I went into the win 7 device manager and removed the non-functioning (according to windows) USB driver.
rebooted
installed resscan
(see 2 photos)

then powered up the device and inserted the USB

Windows attempted to locate a USB driver but found nothing.
see photo

Any suggestions?
thanks
oldunixguy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to read your first post, and also looking at the list of machines supported by ResScan, I don't see mention of the Astral 100. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's supported.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Astral 150 is most definitely supported - ResScan even includes sample files for it. Go to Open Patient | Examples. I have it open in front of me as I type.  See also the device compatibility list which specifically states the Astral 100 is supported by ResScan (v6.0).  https://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/...ac_eng.pdf

Here is Resmed's ResScan product page which also includes detailed installation instructions: https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-...sscan.html

And here is the product brochure - again the Astral 100 is supported by ResScan via USB. https://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/...au_eng.pdf

The only question now is how to get your copy of ResScan to recognise the usb device. My guess (and that's all it is) is that the USB driver for ResScan is designed for continual connection of machines to collect data in real time. Installing that driver may have clobbered your normal usb drivers, hence giving the errors. Do other usb devices on your system still work OK? Perhaps go into the system menu Windows device manager and update the drivers, then re-install ResScan without them.

Final thought - try copying the contents of the USB stick to an SD card and see if ResScan can read from that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never seen anyone recover from failing to heed the warning in the download thread.

Once you've installed those three drivers, your system is forever ruined for any future installs of ResScan.

If someone can provide a link to a post where someone did this and recovered, please post, but I've not seen such a post.

That's why we put that huge red WARNING in the download thread, and you'll see it a second time in HUGE letters in the auto-responding email that is sent out.

I hate to say it, I think you're out of luck.  I hope I'm wrong and that someone here can find the "magic" pill  that will fix it all for you.

Since you're a unix/linux developer, you probably have some technical skills that might give you a fighting chance to figure it out.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK I started from scratch. I downloaded ResScan 5.9 onto a different Win 7 Home and ran the installer. When the page comes up with 3 check boxes I did not check any. the installer completed. Then I plugged in the USB cable and plugged it into the Astral 100. I powered the Astral and Win 7 reports the typical installing driver. It was looking for CDC/ACM-COMPOSITE. After the typical search it reports "no driver found".

Expectedly, when I run the application it reports no device.

Any ideas now?

thanks
oldunixguy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.