Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

celsius vs fareheight setting
celsius vs fareheight setting
everything on my resmed airsense 10 is set to farenheight. but in oscar under machine settings it says 27 degrees celsius.how do i change it? ty Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: celsius vs fareheight setting
I don't think the development team ever incorporated a conversion preference. Part of that is because most of the development team has been from other parts of the world than the U.S. I suppose it could be put into a future version, but this is the first time I have seen the issue raised.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have Fahrenheit set on my VAuto, but OSCAR reads it as Celsius.

It's not a big deal to me, but thought I'd mention it since Dugy noticed the same.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?
Post Reply Post Reply
Edit:
It's the humidity temperature setting.  In the Clinicians menu> essentials > a choice is given under temperature to select Fahrenheit or Celsius.

OSCAR reports it as Celsius.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I'm missing something, the only thing on a PAP to report temperature would be the heated hose setting. I'm certain there is not a setting for changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit on OSCAR. To me it's a non-issue, as I would know what setting I'm running the heated hose. And as was mentioned, I think the display showing C is based on the prior reporting tool SleepyHead and worldwide use except for the US using metric.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)sptrout Wrote: I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?

It’s under machine settings.  27 degrees Celsius.  My machine is def set to Fahrenheit thought.  No biggie.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)sptrout Wrote: I checked quickly and I could not find any temperature readings in OSCAR. Obviously, I am missing something, or a setting. What temperature is it measuring?

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2020, 11:51 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:

It’s under machine settings.  27 degrees Celsius.  My machine is def set to Fahrenheit thought.  No biggie.

Thanks all!

I checked OSCAR and it said that my "Temperature Enable" is "off". If that is the tube temp then off is normal since I only use the humidifier tank/hose 2-3 months a year. I use the ResMed bypass module most of the year.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the only place it shows up is in the temperature setting for the climate control.

In my STR.edf file the units are degrees Celsius, which would be correct for Canada. I guess I assumed that if the user had selected Farenheit for the onscreen display, the STR.edf file would show that also, but apparently not?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 156 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 539 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Setting sleep time larryh 5 924 06-09-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Respironics Series 60 Time setting software Moriarty 10 1,669 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: hybernate
  OSCAR crashes when setting time for oximeter import larch 0 617 08-28-2021, 11:06 AM
Last Post: larch
  Temp setting display factor 15 1,122 07-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Christen1990
  Location Setting - Time Difference Snooks 4 767 03-05-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Snooks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.