Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

central apnea
RE: central apnea
In a subset of people, afib and sleep apnea are found together. You can likely get dialed in better if you will post some charts. Organize them as Sleeprider's links in his signature suggest.

If your afib is controlled by medication that's good. If it cannot be controlled by meds, often a cardiologist will put the person on blood thinners; preferring the newer ones like Xarelto.

As long as you are not in heart failure, you may have to step up to a PAP machine known as an ASV to get the centrals under control.
But, let's give it a shot with what you presently have before going there.

Let's identify the machine you have as Airsense 10 is a family of machines. Lower right on the machine, it says Airsense 10. There should be a word under that like Autoset or ? Let's get that into your profile.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Jerry.

It's important to know if central apnea showed up in your sleep test. Can you give us the breakdown of central apnea, obstructive apnea and hypopneas from your sleep test? If you don't have your test report you need to get one for your records.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2017, 09:57 AM)justMongo Wrote: In a subset of people, afib and sleep apnea are found together.  You can likely get dialed in better if you will post some charts.  Organize them as Sleeprider's links in his signature suggest.

If your afib is controlled by medication that's good.  If it cannot be controlled by meds, often a cardiologist will put the person on blood thinners; preferring the newer ones like Xarelto.

As long as you are not in heart failure, you may have to step up to a PAP machine known as an ASV to get the centrals under control.

Let's identify the machine you have as Airsense 10 is a family of machines.  Lower right on the machine, it says Airsense 10.  There should be a word under that like Autoset or ?  Let's get that into your profile.

auto set

ok but the tech said I only slept for 2 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2017, 09:57 AM)justMongo Wrote: In a subset of people, afib and sleep apnea are found together.  You can likely get dialed in better if you will post some charts.  Organize them as Sleeprider's links in his signature suggest.

If your afib is controlled by medication that's good.  If it cannot be controlled by meds, often a cardiologist will put the person on blood thinners; preferring the newer ones like Xarelto.

Let's identify the machine you have as Airsense 10 is a family of machines.  Lower right on the machine, it says Airsense 10.  There should be a word under that like Autoset or ?  Let's get that into your profile.
Yes I am on blood thinners and two other med to try and control my afib. One does control my rate but the other one is having trouble controlling rhythm.So right now I am out of rhythm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is capable of recording detailed data if it has an SD card in the slot, it is common for there not to be one from the DME, if not and you wish to use SleepyHead you can get a standard SD card anywhere for less than $10.00. Get it in the machine so you will have detailed data to post. As justMongo suggested update your profile to reflect your current machine and settings. If you go to User CP in the upper right corner of the page there will be an edit profile option on the left sidebar. Your machine is an AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
medications, alcohol use and altitude each can increase the number of CA (clear airway) apneas.  also, sometimes CA follows respiratory events, dotted between them - kind of a brain fight back mechanism.  in that case, usually the score of CA is about the same as the score of OA, with a mix of H (hypopneas).

we will know more once you post some of your results.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jerry1967,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have come to the right place for guidance. People really want to help you, but, your data is needed in order for you to get the help you need. Download #sleepyhead and you will be on the road to getting your therapy dialed in.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I downloaded sleepyhead from my machine (AirSense 10) now I have to figure out how to transfer the info to this site. Hope I get it there soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry,
Please read the links at the bottom of my post to help you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks will try Sunday.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,525 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 617 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 865 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.