Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

central sleep apnea increase
RE: central sleep apnea increase
I know where you're coming from on all that. I'm finding that if I use my TENS within a few hours of bedtime, I rest a bit better.

My TENS has a mode called IFC, it stands for interferential current. You must place electrodes in an X pattern, with the channels alternating between top L to bottom R, and vice versa. I can't say that affects apnea either good or bad, as my ASV machine has apnea well controlled already. It does affect comfort though at the beginning of sleep time.

As for purchasing accessories, I just have a wish list until I've got income again.

FWIW any effort to make sleeping better is well worth the results. Lots on this site, myself included, have had to trial and error until things start falling into place IMO. There's several things we can work on with you. Pressure optimization and Sleepyhead Chart viewing is just one thing. After progression, you may find another machine is better. Docs and insurance require us to fully expend all options with xPap we've got before transitioning though.

Hope things begin to get better.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: central sleep apnea increase
Thank you!
Very interesting, will continue and see if they subside
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 39 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 558 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,516 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.