Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cervical collar suggestion
cervical collar suggestion
Hi, 

I bought my mom a 2 inch core cervical collar to use when sleep, with time goes, it is getting less support. Would you suggestion replace a same new one, or if there is a better brand/option i can try. thanks a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cervical collar suggestion
There are a couple collar reviews here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews

Although I don't use one, thought it might be helpful.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If a 2-inch collar worked well it might be better in a 2-1/2 inch version. The collars eventually soften and need replaced. The good news is it worked well for a while. What brand?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 04:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If a 2-inch collar worked well it might be better in a 2-1/2 inch version. The collars eventually soften and need replaced. The good news is it worked well for a while. What brand?

Brand name is called CORE
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 3 box store collars, 2 from walgreens and 1 from rite aid. each less than $20 usd. one from walgreens has adjustable height which I thought was important but it's the one I liked the least. the Carex collar from rite aid is best so far, by which I mean stiffest, which is most effective in holding jaw and limiting mouth and lip leaks. it might also mean it's the most uncomfortable but they're all uncomfortable and I'm used to it. I get about a year out of them, and that's probably pushing it by about 6 months, before they compress & soften up too much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 7 524 04-11-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 312 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 628 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 474 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 388 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 579 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 395 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.