Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

change pressure help
change pressure help
Hello-I am a sleepapnea person using CPAP for about 13 years. I am 73. My pressure is now 16 but it isnt enough; I get breakthru snoring even tho I tape my mouth & use a jaw strap. I want to increase my pressure to 17 or 18, without having to drag my machine back to sleep doc (esp with corona around) I have read3 or 4 pieces on how to increase pressure on my Respironics Dreamstation Cpap Pro. However when I get to the menu , there is no "THERAPY" tab. Instead the usual green icon  which normally says "therapy" has a different name, like "For you" or like that. I think its a clever trick by Respironics to prevent the patient from changing their own pressure. I got this machine in 2017 so its a pretty new model. Can anyone tell me what to do? THANKS!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: change pressure help
Welcome to the forum Peggy.
Look at the top of the page in the black banner and click on CPAP Setup Manuals, follow the instructions and the clinical manual for your machine will be sent to you. It is a manual process so it will not be instant but that contains the info you need.

I do suggest downloading OSCAR, then posting your daily charts so we can see what is going on. It may require the simple pressure change you are asking about, but it may be something else. Let's find out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 10 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,714 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 367 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.