Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

changed pressure question
RE: changed pressure question
Here is my most recent night.  

EFR set to 1.  Any adjustment recommendations?  

Post Reply Post Reply
Any advice or changes recommended?

EFR is set to 1.

Post Reply Post Reply
In post #20, SleepRider suggested a minimum pressure of 8 and EPR 2.  Have you tried that? The only charts I see are with a minimum pressure set to 5, which I believe is too low.

It’s probably going to be a balancing act for you.  You need a little higher pressure than 5 for Obstructives, but not too high as to cause CA’s.  

You also need EPR, but at the same time need to watch for an increase in CA’s.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2019, 12:08 PM)OpalRose Wrote: In post #20, SleepRider suggested a minimum pressure of 8 and EPR 2.  Have you tried that?  The only charts I see are with a minimum pressure set to 5, which I believe is too low.

It’s probably going to be a balancing act for you.  You need a little higher pressure than 5 for Obstructives, but not too high as to cause CA’s.  

You also need EPR, but at the same time need to watch for an increase in CA’s.

I missed that post.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Changes made.  Will report back in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my results with 8-14, EFR 2.  Had some CA around 01:00 - 01:14 that appear to be positional related.  They rest don't appear to be positional.  

Thanks in advance for any inputs.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have the expertise to comment on your settings, but the subject of positional clusters has come up a couple of times in your thread. Might you be tucking your chin during the night? If so, a soft cervical collar could be quite helpful. Or do you think the positional issue is more likely to be back-sleeping? If so, have you tried using a pillow to keep yourself on your side?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 01:02 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I don’t have the expertise to comment on your settings, but the subject of positional clusters has come up a couple of times in your thread. Might you be tucking your chin during the night?  If so, a soft cervical collar could be quite helpful. Or do you think the positional issue is more likely to be back-sleeping?  If so, have you tried using a pillow to keep yourself on your side?

I am more concerned about the rest of the time. I was a back sleeper, moving to my side.  I don't think I could wear a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only see clustering of obstructive events in your most recent chart. If that turns out to be atypical a collar may not do much to help you. I don't believe a collar will prevent central events.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman has it right. You do have a hint of clustering but your numbers are low enough that that isn't a concern, at least not now so don't worry about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my latest results.  Any fine tuning or just continue with these settings.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 331 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 359 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 392 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 337 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,293 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.