Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] myAir Allows a Break
myAir Allows a Break
I'm pretty sure ResMed has changed the way it calculates the myAir score. I can now take one bathroom break with no penalty! It used to be that a single bathroom break in the middle of the night would cost a point!

I know myAir is not popular because it's pretty lame in that it gives only a limited amount of data. But I find it convenient to check and see how many hours I put on the machine each night without having to move a SD card or launch any software other than a browser, which I can do from any computer prety much anywhere.

And I know their point system is lame, too. But it's hard to ignore when you see it featured so prominently in the report.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myAir Allows a Break
Well, I don’t have a ResMed machine, but it’s good to know that they are progressive in their thinking that it’s now ok to have a bathroom break.  like
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless they changed it in the last 5 days, it could be a fluke.

I got dinged a point last week when I removed the mask to correct a leak.

I have in the past been able to shut down and actually change masks without getting dinged, so I'm not sure what it is in the machine that does it... could be the method of shutdown/restart (I always shut down manually, but usually restart on auto).
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm pretty sure ResMed has changed the way it calculates the myAir score. I can now take one bathroom break with no penalty! It used to be that a single bathroom break in the middle of the night would cost a point!

I know myAir is not popular because it's pretty lame in that it gives only a limited amount of data. But I find it convenient to check and see how many hours I put on the machine each night without having to move a SD card or launch any software other than a browser, which I can do from any computer prety much anywhere.

And I know their point system is lame, too. But it's hard to ignore when you see it featured so prominently in the report.

Yes, I do believe that they have made some system changes. However, I think the mask count is time dependent with very short breaks now being ignored. I noticed the same thing when I reached for my phone and accidently hit the device on/off button. I was expecting the system to show 1 had 2 mask on/off events and lose 1 point. But it did not happen.

Yes, the user version is lame, but that's because they charge for their AirView product. ResMed has never been particularly concerned with end-users as their real customers are mostly professionals. Perhaps this will change in the future if there is more competition.

Sleep well.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Brand new to both CPAP and the forum and found this topic in a search.  From ResMed's site regarding Mask on/off scoring:

"Mask on/off
The fewer times you take your mask on and off throughout the night, the more points you get. Everyone has to take their mask on and off one time during treatment. So, for example, if you remove your mask one or two times, you get 5 points. However, if you take your mask on and off several times, it can indicate a problem with mask fit or with your sleep in general.
See details about the points system Hide details about the points system
Events     Points
1 - 2           5
3 - 4           4
4                3
5                1
6 or more    0"

Thank you all for such a great resource. 

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
do622, Welcome to the Apnea Board. Give SleepyHead a try. I think you'll find it easier to use than ResScan.

You can get it free on the link below.

Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,449 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Did I break my P10? ttrani01 3 592 04-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ttrani01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.